Default FittingGRitting question

Forum members

I was wondering if I could ask your feedback on how and where I should get fit. I need to get fit for a driver and for 2 hybrids. My options are an outdoor trackman three hours away. An indoor trackman 45 minutes away. Or last I could get on a vector at a local range. I am a little skeptical of the vector because I have been on them before and don't think they are that great. Let me know what you all think. Kermitm

So where are you located?

When I got fitted some months ago, I had done some on line research and made some calls. The place I ended up choosing was in Ypsilanti, MI. Miles of Golf. I was near there on business, but still had to drive 125 miles to reach them. In retrospect, more than worth it. Trackman equipped inside a heated bay hitting out onto the range. They had many brands of demo clubs , and literally hundreds of shafts, or so it appeared.

They did ask me about my skill level. They did not recommend Trackman fitting expense for people who could not make a repeatable swing.

Personally, I don't think I would spend the money on an indoor Trackman fitting. Could be just me, but I want to see the ball fly down the range.
    Steve

Thanks for the info. I am located in Charlotte NC so acess to an outdoor trackman is limited nearby.

I guess it depends on how bad you want this, but according to the trackman locator (TrackMan - Customers) you have Tee To Green Practice Range & Golf Shop in Apex. 170 miles one way, but looks like they are well equipped. Trackman and an outdoor range. Worth a phone call.

Also lists ZGolf in Charlotte, but someone on this forum said they thought they were out of business.
    Steve

Basically, the data you're looking for during a driver fitting is angle of attack, launch angle, swing speed, ball speed, spin rate(s), directional grouping, and decent angle. Equipment wise, you want premium balls to hit, and a good target group of clubs/shafts.

If you really want to get fitted in February in NC, I think the indoor model will produce accurate data for a fitting - provided the equipment selection is equally as strong. If you were going for a whole bag fitting, a ball fitting, or a gapping session, I'd probably say go with the outdoor option. If the fitter is solid, you'll get what you want with the shorter drive (no pun intended).

Thread Information