Page 1 of 17 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The "Dariusz J." Swing Theories Thread

Default The "Dariusz J." Swing Theories Thread

Our forum member "Dariusz J." is a big fan of Biomechanics.

This thread is being re-engineered to be a place holder for his theories, which he claims are based on biomechanics.

I would love to hear about his backswing positioning ideas.

He and I disagree fervently on the perils or promise of the Elbow Plane on the downswing, or like he likes to point out—"EEP or Early Elbow Plane."

Anyone's theories are welcomed here. We LOVE to learn new stuff.

But, this IS a place where you will be challenged by some bright guys, so be forewarned.

Enjoy the thread,

Brian
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

I don't get the point of closing the yesterday's thread and starting this one. Sorry. It is obvious that 2-D pictures are misleading and changing the camera angle can give various results. It is obvious as well that only real truth seekers without any agendas would never use such tricks to support arguments.
    IMO, the problem is to determine what spine angle is neutral for a human starting the backswing taking into account the natural shape of the spine (which is not like "|"). Not talking here how e.g. ball position established relative to the spine at setup can complicate the discussion which may be very complicated without it.

Cheers
    Dariusz

Dariusz,

Given your established position about elbow plane usage, and your knowledge of the spine "l", can you explain it in the context of:-
    1. Lateral spine flexion in downswing,
    2. Right shoulder internal rotation,
    3. The right arm's role in the downswing given its ability to bend in only one direction at the elbow,
    4. Different grip types and wrist motions,
    5. Different clubs.

Cheers,
    Why have a brain if you are going to take it out and let others play with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Lucas View Post
    Dariusz,

Given your established position about elbow plane usage, and your knowledge of the spine "l", can you explain it in the context of:-
    1. Lateral spine flexion in downswing,
    2. Right shoulder internal rotation,
    3. The right arm's role in the downswing given its ability to bend in only one direction at the elbow,
    4. Different grip types and wrist motions,
    5. Different clubs.

Cheers,
    Your 5 points show that biomechanics are not your weak point. And I mean it.
    Dariusz

From reading Dariusz's posts, I think our difficulty understanding his ideas and points stem from a language barrier. He has some good ideas appears to be looking for the ideal golf swing to most consistently hit an ideal golf shot.

I for one would like to see more of Dariusz's ideas about the swing debated here-as the elbow plane was-as a learning experience for all parties, not necessarily for the "competition".

Damon, thank you. It's second time recently I am being convinced BMAcademy's instructors have real class.

Whatever it is worth - I'll try to answer your points.

Cheers
    Dariusz

Quote Originally Posted by spktho View Post
    From reading Dariusz's posts, I think our difficulty understanding his ideas and points stem from a language barrier. He has some good ideas expressed on his website/forum and appears to be looking for the ideal golf swing to most consistently hit an ideal golf shot.

I for one would like to see more of Dariusz's ideas about the swing debated here-as the elbow plane was-as a learning experience for all parties, not necessarily for the "competition".

Thank you very much Spktho.
    To be quite frank - it's not only language barrier though - my big mouth sometimes as well. And Polish mentality of fighting against tanks with a sword.

Let's be back to the original topic, please.

Cheers
    Dariusz

ZAP

HeHeeeee Polish mentality. My father came from Poland in 1942.
    See my signature.
    The easiest way to slay a dragon is to run up to it and shove a spear in it's throat.

Default Elbow plane Definition

I am a double novice TGM reader and have a question about the elbow plane and for that matter the Early Elbow Plane.
    I have an idea in my head that the elbow plane could relate to swinging under the stick or in other words flatten the downswing.

Am I close?

Thanks for this Thread Brian!

Matt

I would like to find out a way to control the club face in a way that minimizes timing and happens as close to automatically as possible.

It seems to me that the left wrist and amount of twistaway is the key. I, and many others, owe Brian huge thanks for eliminating the slice. But, if the twistaway is over done I hit a pull and if it is not done enough I hit a push--the curve of the ball or path is easy to figure out now.

So far Kevin's suggestion of the strong left hand grip with a weak right hand has helped especially with the driver, but needs weakened with the irons to hit it straight.

Page 1 of 17 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information