Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NHA question

Default NHA question

i'm still having a heck of a time getting rid of the draw in all my irons. they start at the target but then draw/hook quite a bit. I've got NHA and i think it will surely help me, but i have a question regarding the clubface after impact. At impact it says the face should still be slightly open. I'm good with that, but how about after impact? Should I be swinging left but still have a feeling of the face being open a bit? If I don't have that thought or feeling, I know I will have that head rotate and be shut. How do I do this right and still release the club? Any help or suggestions? Thanks

you want to feel more of an angled hinge (face cutting through rather than laying on the plane) or "gather up the marbles" swivel through the ball...
    i think this is covered in nha but i'll have to look again.

also, if your ball is starting towards the target and drawing, you are probably still swinging to far right. may need more "carry" and 'yellow brick road"

Keep swinging more and more left and see what happens.

thanks, but my main question i think is how long should i have the face open before i release and have it start to turn over? i can hit a driver off the ground and i know this is the feeling i want, but just have a hard time with the irons as if i swing left it seems as if i always think i'll pull it.

but just have a hard time with the irons as if i swing left it seems as if i always think i'll pull it.
    Try going over the sequence towards the end of the video that deals with the sequence from delivery to and through the ball.

Matt

thanks sideyard. looks like i'm off today and will head to the range to work on it.

I was hitting dead straight pulls at the end of last year as well trying to implement NHA. The contact was very solid however. In terms d-plane what exactly is creating this shot?

Conkanen,

If you were hitting dead straight pulls when you were trying to implement NHA that probably means that your clubface was matching your path (left). However, without seeing your swing it is a little tougher to make this assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Hardesty View Post
    Keep swinging more and more left and see what happens.
    This what I have done and have pretty much eliminated my hook, along with removing to much lateral hip slide/axis tilt.

I feel like I could place a dowel 30-40 degrees left of the target line and that is the path my hands take from the top.

This has produced an angled hinge with a straight- to slight fade ball flight.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information