Default Will Pay for Info

There was a day when I waited excitedly each month for the new Gold Digest or Golf Magazine. I still get them, but it is hard to enjoy them anymore after all I have learned from this forum. I wonít go into details, but for reasons most of you know I find it hard to trust anything I find in there. Even the stuff from the pros is pretty much worthless because they give tips on things trying to be helpful, when they truly donít even know what they are talking about, they are just gifted (eg basically any pros description on how to hit a draw or fade).
    What I am getting at is I would be willing to pay 4 times what I pay for my subscriptions combined to those magazine for something similar from Brian and his teachers each month. I know there is a boat load of info on this website, and I love it; however, what I am talking about is something consolidated that I can read and utilize without trying to understand the detailed science. Donít get me wrong, I do enjoy that stuff, but the reality is working 60 hours a week with two young children, I just want to better understand how to take this stuff to the range and to the course. I want to understand how to make a Trackman session in my town effective. I donít need the science, I trust the source.
    I have been to see Brian several times and I will continue to do that as much as possible (quite a long drive though and it is tough with my schedule). However, I could use something (and I am willing to pay for it) to help my development between visits. Practice routine, short game tips and instruction, putting, course management, what side of the tee to setup on, best ball strategy, etc.
    I know this is easier said than done, and that there are many factors to consider. This just hit me as I read another worthless Golf Digest this month. Just one manís request. Maybe there are others.

Rumor is there's a "Manzella Monthly" in the works.

Could we start a list of suggested content for the "Manzella Monthly" Magazine?

I'd suggest a number of sections:

Advances in Golf Instruction Science (Tech Section)

Student before and after (show application)

GTE Corner (for golf instructors)

Stories from the Italian Stallion (just good stories from Brian)

Event Report (major events, like the PGA Teaching Summit)

Taking it to the Range (specific section on taking the latest info to the range)

Guest Article (article or interview from a GTE instructor, or other renowned and respected instructor / golf scientist, etc)

Short Sided (a short game specific instruction section)

... I'm sure I could think of a bunch more

What do yall think?

Default Wow

KC, what a great list! Some good ideas there.
    Kevin Shields

www.shieldsembroiderybydesign.com

Sorry, I can't resist.

"Donít get me wrong, I do enjoy that stuff, but the reality is working 60 hours a week with two young children"

Been there done that. Retro-spectively, had I controlled my golf addiction I might still be married (actually probably not).

Here's a thought. If course management is one of the issues, then perhaps you could find a Pro for hire to go 18 with you with the focus being on management and not on changing your swing. Most of the guys I have played with over the years are very weak in this area of the game.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by softconsult View Post
    Sorry, I can't resist.

"Donít get me wrong, I do enjoy that stuff, but the reality is working 60 hours a week with two young children"

Been there done that. Retro-spectively, had I controlled my golf addiction I might still be married (actually probably not).

Here's a thought. If course management is one of the issues, then perhaps you could find a Pro for hire to go 18 with you with the focus being on management and not on changing your swing. Most of the guys I have played with over the years are very weak in this area of the game.
    Still trying to control the addiction and keep the marriage on this side.

Course management was just an example...not really my specific issue.

He should tie it to a pay pal subscription, and make it a quarterly video magazine.
    You may dump the sugar, shake the sugar, but NEVER drink the Kool-Aid

`

Thread Information