Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Default I Am Buying A Trackman..........

I am buying a TrackMan tomorrow. There are tons of golf courses near me....private and public. So, if I were to make a deal with those clubs to provide TrackMan services to their members/guests/students....what would be a fair market value for the use of my TrackMan? Brian....any ideas?

Thats a good idea but I suspect too many instructors will be too set in their ways to incorporate things like trackman.

This is an investment that I am willing to make. I believe it will pay off. I have advice on the business end of things from a few very successful people that I trust. The golf side of things is why I am here asking for opinions. As Brian said....Trackman is the single greatest teaching advancement ...ever. I am willing to put my money and ass on the line.

Default market value

Whatever the market will pay. Make sure the pros will let you on their turf,they get territorial.

Quote Originally Posted by tallathlete View Post
    This is an investment that I am willing to make. I believe it will pay off. I have advice on the business end of things from a few very successful people that I trust. The golf side of things is why I am here asking for opinions. As Brian said....Trackman is the single greatest teaching advancement ...ever. I am willing to put my money and ass on the line.

Where are you located? You may have to charge/market it to the golfer for time on the Trackman. I know, I'd be willing to since there aren't any close by me.

The golfer and/or teacher would have to understand how to use the information given by the Trackman.

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Whatever the market will pay. Make sure the pros will let you on their turf,they get territorial.
    I agree...however I am willing to work with the pro. Not against. We can barter a deal....and I either give him some cash for the Trackman session...or he gives me cash for my TrackMan to help him with his lesson.

I am buying a TrackMan tomorrow. There are tons of golf courses near me....private and public. So, if I were to make a deal with those clubs to provide TrackMan services to their members/guests/students....what would be a fair market value for the use of my TrackMan? Brian....any ideas?
    Maybe seeing if there's deals to be made first and pricing for the use would be a good idea, unless your going to buy one anyways,and how do you book the use of it, on a first come basis?

Could be awkward scheduling it for multiple users/instructors. Or have just one or two golf instructors with lots of students that want to pay for it, might be the way to go. Food for thought. Fair market is what you can get for the rental of it, what do places that have one charge, go from there.
    Last edited by footwedge; 04-01-2010 at 12:46 AM.

i'm thinking the best way to go is to market to the golfers. that's the only way it really makes sense.

i think pros that would be interested in using trackman in lessons would eventually end up purchasing it themselves, rather than rent it from you. for example, if they do 3 lessons a day @ $80 an hour, and you're renting it to them for $100 a day, that's almost half their profits. if they plan to use trackman alot, well, they could finance it for less than that. not to mention that the "majority" of golfers would probably be coming for a lesson anyway (with or w/o the trackman).

if you market it directly to the golfers in your area, then you are getting the golfers that want to use trackman (like everyone here), not just your average joe. that way, both you and the golfer get the most bang for your buck. you just have to find a location...

all that being said, i'm guessing somewhere in the area of $50 -$75 and hour for trackman time.

You should also market it as a club fitting tool. Lots of people would like to use it for driver fitting I'm sure.

I am assuming the Trackman rep gave you some ideas. All I can tell you is that the nearest facility up here that has a Trackman charges about 40-50/hr just for Tman time with no data record. You pay more for raw data, report, analysis, etc. As was previously suggested, you may want to think about marketing it to golfers directly via hookups with local ranges.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information