Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Video: pitching practice from the PGA

Default Video: pitching practice from the PGA

teris, teris, otto6457 and 9 others like this.
    "Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly and bear considerable watching." ~ US Army Officer's Guide, 1894

If anyone's had the pleasure of watching Mickelson up close practice the short game, I'm sure they have realized its a life altering experience. I have a million greenside shots and it still made me question my own existence.
    Kevin Shields

www.shieldsembroiderybydesign.com

Is there a more underrated, under appreciated or under practiced art than pitching? I like Senden's action as well. The tempo is incredible.

Nice. Thanks for that.

Brian, what's your take on the straightness of the left arm on these short pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Shields View Post
    If anyone's had the pleasure of watching Mickelson up close practice the short game, I'm sure they have realized its a life altering experience. I have a million greenside shots and it still made me question my own existence.
    Everyone (players and spectators) was watching him. He would drop a few in the thick rough, get the balls all the way down by stepping on them, and then hit those soft landing short-sided pitches like he was tossing them out by hand. There was two distinct levels of pitching going on around that green.
    "Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly and bear considerable watching." ~ US Army Officer's Guide, 1894

Link is dead on my iPad.

Drew

I once saw Vijay at the Open one year grip his 3 wood left handed with the toe of the club pointing to the ground and hit bunker shots from a pot bunker and get them stopping almost dead no roll within 3 feet of the hole; it was one of the best sights i've seen, the other pros were struggling to hit normal bunker shots as close as he was.

ZAP

At some point I think a full short game lesson is in the cards for me. I am dreadful out of sand and don't have much of a clue from 50 yards.
    The easiest way to slay a dragon is to run up to it and shove a spear in it's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_lohan View Post
    I once saw Vijay at the Open one year grip his 3 wood left handed with the toe of the club pointing to the ground and hit bunker shots from a pot bunker and get them stopping almost dead no roll within 3 feet of the hole; it was one of the best sights i've seen, the other pros were struggling to hit normal bunker shots as close as he was.
    I once saw Gary Player, faced with an impossible shot from deep rough, take the toe of his 7 iron and ...wait? What was the topic again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information