Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tongzilla
  • 1 Post By hp12c
  • 1 Post By Brian Manzella

Thread: recent swing epiphanies

  1. #1
    Senior Member tongzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    2,387

    Default recent swing epiphanies

    The better I can maintain some turn in the transition...the harder I can rotate and tumble with everything I got without worrying about losing it left.

    The better I can control my left shoulder in the transition, that is to keep it low/level instead of going up,...the more I can let my left wrist bend and my right wrist flatten during release, without worry about too having too much loft at impact...AND the more I can jump and pull ('going normal') with everything I got and STILL have decent downward angle of attack.
    Kevin Shields likes this.
    Leo

  2. #2
    Senior Member hp12c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Im in sunny southern california
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    ah can I get some of that? nice going tong! What Ive noticed about my swing is I work on stuff and not force results like I used to and somehow the stuff Im working on slowly creeps in, its kinda like getting an unexpected gift show up on my front door, a gift I really like after I open the box!
    Matt Bryda likes this.
    If I grip it strong and hit it long is that wrong?

    Look I will stab you, I wont kill you but I will stab you!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tongzilla View Post
    The better I can maintain some turn in the transition...the harder I can rotate and tumble with everything I got without worrying about losing it left.

    The better I can control my left shoulder in the transition, that is to keep it low/level instead of going up,...the more I can let my left wrist bend and my right wrist flatten during release, without worry about too having too much loft at impact...AND the more I can jump and pull ('going normal') with everything I got and STILL have decent downward angle of attack.

    You can lay it off (or lay it down, of you will) with early torso rotation or very late.

    But.....

    Tumbling the club with too early a torso turn is VERY difficult and for most golfers, impossible.


    The left shoulder UP move will ALMOST ALWAYS be combined with early tilt and too much rotation.


    The left wrist bend move—SPIDERMAN LEFT HAND—is critical to all of the above.


    Sound like you are getting somewhere, Leo. Glad to hear it!
    Kevin Shields likes this.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

    Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Very important post. I have discovered much of the same thing working with Mike Granato.
    Moving the hands towards the target....is death.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Willerson View Post
    Very important post. I have discovered much of the same thing working with Mike Granato.
    Ha ha me too.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Yeah, it has been eye opening. I didn't realize how much and how far I shifted my pressure.
    Moving the hands towards the target....is death.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Willerson View Post
    Yeah, it has been eye opening. I didn't realize how much and how far I shifted my pressure.
    Can you beat 92/8 right foot at the top?

    Lol.

  8. #8
    Senior Member mgranato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Still the high score!
    "Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly and bear considerable watching." ~ US Army Officer's Guide, 1894

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    I think I was 90 10. 92 8 is impressive.
    Moving the hands towards the target....is death.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12