Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Yes Sir! Verne Says Auburn-Alabama Right There With '86 Masters

Default Yes Sir! Verne Says Auburn-Alabama Right There With '86 Masters

Yes Sir! Verne Says Auburn-Alabama Right There With '86*Masters - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com - A blog devoted to the state of golf.

Neil Best talks to Verne Lundquist about calling the epic Auburn win over Alabama and it ranks right with the 1986 Masters where the longtime CBS man made his famous "Yes Sir" call.

"For 27 years, having experienced [Jack] Nicklaus winning at Augusta in '86, I have been consistent and I've always said that that was the single greatest sporting event I've ever seen," the CBS play-by-play man said yesterday, not quite 48 hours after conveying Auburn's last-second upset of Alabama to a stunned nation.

"This one is right up there equal to it. And that takes into consideration a lot of different events that I've been lucky enough to be a part of. From start to finish, especially the finish, this was an extraordinary afternoon and evening."

And because it's just so fun to watch...

#Auburn's Final Play in Iron Bowl: Chris Davis Return for TD - YouTube

that's sweet. and when mizzou takes them down it will be even sweeter.
    Fast backswing, caddie yard grip, and a pocket full of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
    Yes Sir! Verne Says Auburn-Alabama Right There With '86*Masters - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com - A blog devoted to the state of golf.

Neil Best talks to Verne Lundquist about calling the epic Auburn win over Alabama and it ranks right with the 1986 Masters where the longtime CBS man made his famous "Yes Sir" call.

"For 27 years, having experienced [Jack] Nicklaus winning at Augusta in '86, I have been consistent and I've always said that that was the single greatest sporting event I've ever seen," the CBS play-by-play man said yesterday, not quite 48 hours after conveying Auburn's last-second upset of Alabama to a stunned nation.

"This one is right up there equal to it. And that takes into consideration a lot of different events that I've been lucky enough to be a part of. From start to finish, especially the finish, this was an extraordinary afternoon and evening."

And because it's just so fun to watch...

#Auburn's Final Play in Iron Bowl: Chris Davis Return for TD - YouTube
    Only game I've watched this year and it was a classic
    Kevin Shields

www.shieldsembroiderybydesign.com

My daughter is an Auburn grad and I was at the 2005 Iron Bowl standing next to her in the student section. Just an incredible
    experience. But this game was off the charts. They are already marketing shirts that have 0:01 on the front and say "Hey Nick, got a
    second?" Now hoping they can beat Mizzou and Michigan State beats Ohio State. But I think it's a longshot for Michigan State...
    Kevin Shields likes this.

Michigan State will pummel tOSU. When a team (tOSU) has not beaten a top 10 opponent since 2006 and not even played a top 10 opponent since 2009, its easy to get wrapped up in how good they appear to be. Saturday will be their strongest test in nearly 5 years.

Auburn, just this year, has played 5 top 25 opponents and 2 top 10's. Same for Alabama. Same for LSU.

Tennessee played 7, yes 7, top 15 teams this year.

The only other top school with a weaker schedule than tOSU is Florida State. Go figure.

Just goes to show that "reputation" will take you further in public opinion (polls) than actual work done against top competition.
    Moving the hands towards the target....is death.

On Auburn's tying TD, they had several O linemen down field on a pass play. That should be reviewed, corrected, and Bama should be given the win (which they deserve).

"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly and bear considerable watching." ~ US Army Officer's Guide, 1894

Oh the irony!

"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly and bear considerable watching." ~ US Army Officer's Guide, 1894

Ole Verne LOVES Alabuma.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Was Lundquist the commentator on the youtube video?

not that one. here it comes...ohhh my GOODness!
    Fast backswing, caddie yard grip, and a pocket full of money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information