Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Old School Vs. New School (with a twist)

How many years have you been on this earth Wuls?

46 and counting DC. I find golf easier now than ever before but can't score a damn. I can hit it so fekin flush it scares me but I haven't really sussed out why I can't score very well any more. I remember the days when I could land a wedge 8 ft left of the pin and spin it back and right to 2 ft from 100bucks off a sloping lie whilst hitting it out of the toe by mistake. Now I can flush it over the back and take 3 from there to make an easy boagster. I reckon when I stopped paying and started practicing on da range I lost something which I cannot recover. I see it with a lot of my peers from back in the day as well.
    Last edited by wulsy; 03-22-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

Quote Originally Posted by wulsy View Post
    46 and counting DC. I find golf easier now than ever before but can't score a damn. I can hit it so fekin flush it scares me but I haven't really sussed out why I can't score very well any more. I remember the days when I could land a wedge 8 ft left of the pin and spin it back and right to 2 ft from 100bucks off a sloping lie whilst hitting it out of the toe by mistake. Now I can flush it over the back and take 3 from there to make an easy boagster. I reckon when I stopped paying and started practicing on da range I lost something which I cannot recover. I see it with a lot of my peers from back in the day as well.
    There game is such a metaphor for life, I sometimes can't believe it's happening. I just went 65 which means I have been at this silly game 50 years, having started as a boy of fifteen. I noticed little to no difference until about 55, and then recently a SCARY loss of distance, feel and balance. Yet another reminder of my 'back nine" status in life. Ive take to YOGA to try to alleviate the balance and feel thing but, truth be told, I know my golf race has been run. But I was blessed to be born to this breed, and it doesn't take a crystal ball to know, I'm gonna go out swinging when I go

Keep on swingin biguy! I've loved and hated this game in equal measures at different times but I know we'll never part. It's in my blood and it ain't goin nowhere! But I sometimes wish we could go back to the nostalgia days of Miller/Watson/Nicklaus when I was a wee boy watching my heroes - somehow the world seemed a nicer place back then...
    Matt Bryda and DCgolf like this.
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

I hope you get some stength back, DC.

I see no reason, with the Man upstairs' help, I can't be a better player than I have ever been and wear some 32s soon as this shoulder will let me at it!
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    My $.02 cents new clubs and new golf balls.... :

swing and a miss...
    I dream about life, so I'm living the dream.
    As a toddler he taught others to walk.
    He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

tongzilla likes this.
    Fast backswing, caddie yard grip, and a pocket full of money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information