Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Good luck Chris

dbl
    Last edited by dbl; 11-22-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Chris will do a great job.

Tiger is in really good hands.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

What was the main reason Tiger chose Chris? What do the other Manzella certified instructors think?
    Well I guess thats your theory

At least you're getting closer Bman, no? You're gonna get him, man, I can feel it.
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

To me, Chris was one of a few obvious choices....He is currently working with an ex-Foley student, Jamie Lovemark, an ex-S&Ter, Aaron Baddeley, and a big former handle dragger, Trevor Immelmann. In my opinion, Tiger would probably like to get back to the swing mechanics that served him well in the 2000/Tiger Slam era, and on tour, Chris is the guy who is having some success in moving players from Tiger 2013-like toward Tiger 2000-like.

It's been a funny week listening to all of the so-called reporting, peanut gallery stuff, and the 100's of phone calls and texts among guys in the group.

Chris sounds like he is doing fine to me. Very calm.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Is there no way Tiger would ever go back to Butch? I never heard the details of their falling out.

Why would he?

Geez.

I'm getting old but I thought I remember Tiger playing pretty well when Butch was his instructor. Like winning the US Open by 15 shots well. I wasn't asking as a dig at the new guy just curious. I never heard what happened between Tiger and Butch to cause the split. Silly me I thought Tiger played (and swung) pretty well back when Butch was his coach. But if you think my question warrants a "geez" then I guess I missed something. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    Why would he?

Geez.

I have ZERO personal problems with Butch. He has always been nice to me. He has a very good record with his players that play well. And has sort of been teflon with the players who went the other way.

Tiger WAS NOT swing the club EXACTLY like Butch wanted him to in 2000.

Tiger was still getting the club on the forearm on the downswing on many shots. Butch like higher.

That was basically the undoing. Butch would tell Tiger that his right shot was from "getting stuck"—code for the "elbow plane"
    Hank let him—heck encouraged him—back to the elbow plane and for a while. They were rolling.

Poor Hank tried to get the WHOLE HANEY METHOD in, and Tiger was popping up 3-woods.

Chris will do fine. Butchie, Hank, and Foles all had their run.

Let Chris have his.

Thanks Brian. This is information that I could not get most anywhere else and I appreciate you taking the time to answer in such detail. I honestly meant no disrespect to Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    I have ZERO personal problems with Butch. He has always been nice to me. He has a very good record with his players that play well. And has sort of been teflon with the players who went the other way.

Tiger WAS NOT swing the club EXACTLY like Butch wanted him to in 2000.

Tiger was still getting the club on the forearm on the downswing on many shots. Butch like higher.

That was basically the undoing. Butch would tell Tiger that his right shot was from "getting stuck"—code for the "elbow plane"
    Hank let him—heck encouraged him—back to the elbow plane and for a while. They were rolling.

Poor Hank tried to get the WHOLE HANEY METHOD in, and Tiger was popping up 3-woods.

Chris will do fine. Butchie, Hank, and Foles all had their run.

Let Chris have his.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information