Default Models to aspire to

I'm a very visual person, describing what we need to do can only take me so far in improving my swing. Would it be fair to say that someone like Sam Snead is a fair representation of the ideas and directions being discussed here and at Golf Wise Guys?

sam snead golf swing - YouTube

PERFECT!
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Guys with more experience in COP trace patterns- Snead here has quite a full hip turn...do you guys think it's harder (for the average golfer) to achieve a clean COP trace with this kind of move vs a less full turn? Also in terms of kinematic sequencing, seems like it's easier for things to just "run off" too much if the turn gets too big.
    Leo

Snead makes that big of a turn and swing because he was very flexible. Length of swing HELPS do everything correctly. LONG SWINGS are good!
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Thread Information