Default The REAL end of the backswing

I see folks all the time using a "top of the backswing" photo to show how much movement of one kind or another is happening "by the top of the backswing," or something like that.

Every really good swinger is their furthest away from the target around a 3/4th to 4/5th of the club movement away from the ball, going back.

So, in my opinion, it is more accurate to show the furthest away from the target movement as a true "end of the backswing" and the "end of the club movement" as part of the transition.

A great example is Masters Champ Jordan Speith.

I see folks all the time using a "top of the backswing" photo to show how much movement of one kind or another is happening "by the top of the backswing," or something like that.Every really good swinger is their furthest away from the target around a 3/4th to 4/5th of the club movement away from the ball, going back.So, in my opinion, it is more accurate to show the furthest away from the target movement as a true "end of the backswing" and the "end of the club movement" as part of the transition.A great example is Masters Champ Jordan Speith.

Posted by Brian Manzella on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

I would classify it as this way:

BACKSWING

Everything moving away from the ball.
    TRANSITION

Some things going away, some toward.
    DOWNSWING

Everything starts to move toward the ball.

or even better

PULL BACK

Left shoulder downward, outward, backward.
    RUN UP

Left shoulder downward, outward, forward.
    JUMP

jump start
    Left shoulder upward and inward...but still forward.

jump

Left shoulder upward, inward and backward.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

What are the hand/wrist movements that allow the club to shallow during transition?
    At least now I understand why I suck at this game.

Thread Information