Default Revisiting an old lesson from Brian

Hi guys - love the new site and I'm happy to be back! So this is a strange one....but I went to one of Brian's camps in Long Island several years ago. During those 3 days he gave me a few tips that I vaguely remember and that dramatically helped. The problem is the older I get the less of what he actually said I remember

Some of the key points that I *think* I remember were to try and hit my right pocket with my hands on the takeway, and to somehow allow my right elbow to raise during the backswing.

I bring this up because I've been incredibly wild lately - particularly with my driver, and I often feel like my right arm is worthless in the swing and although I hit it pretty far, it seems to generally occur just because I swing so fast - which is not great for consistency. Can you guys take a look at the vid below and see if it does indeed look like I'm doing something funky with my takeaway? I can't quite grasp what it is that I'm doing, but it never feels comfortable and I am just getting tired of spraying it 100 yards to the left or the right on any given swing. Thank you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7miB8wYHc

A non-instructors assessment...I am not seeing much wrists set on there backswing.

Right arm looks fine....left arm need more RAISE....start doing it right away in the takeaway.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    Right arm looks fine....left arm need more RAISE....start doing it right away in the takeaway.
    Brian, are you saying his DS is too shallow? Raising his left arm will steepen the DS plane.

Quote Originally Posted by mp29 View Post
    Brian, are you saying his DS is too shallow? Raising his left arm will steepen the DS plane.
    Why would it, necessarily?
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    Why would it, necessarily?
    It would if he raised it over the plane of the shoulder turn and didn't plane shift back down on the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by mp29 View Post
    It would if he raised it over the plane of the shoulder turn and didn't plane shift back down on the DS.
    I have almost never had a problem with that.

Thread Information