Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: TIGER

Even if Tiger never wins again- he is the greatest player in recent history. And will go down as one of the greatest players in golf history. If he wants (or feels) he needs to change his swing- he has earned that right. And I disagree with you- the majority of comments about Tiger ARE crazy- including yours. He (or anyone playing on the PGA tour for that matter) could spot 95% of the people on this board 5 shots or more a side and dominate. How many of these arm chair quarterbacks could even shoot 85 at Muirfield and yet they all act like experts when it comes to what Tiger needs to do. Its actually pretty funny listening to PGA radio or reading comments on message boards. As "bad" as everyone thinks Tiger has become he is still an awesome golfer. How many of these arm chair experts could place 17th at the Masters? How many people on this or any message board have placed 17th or better at the Masters?

And all the "other crap" did work. Look at his record under any of his previous instructors. He had 5 wins in one year under Foley. How many people currently on tour can say they won 5 times in the last 3 years much less one.

The go back to Butch comments are the best. Every player on the PGA tour has bad days- we just aren't used to seeing Tiger having bad days.
    mjh116 likes this.

Tiger won in spite of those instructors and you seem to disregard the fact that he left them...hmmmm? wonder why. Also you' comparing any of us to Tiger is ridiculous/crazy that has nothing to do with the fact Tiger is in deep shite. None of us are responsible for where he finds himself... maybe lay the blame where it belongs. And Tiger is having a lot of bad days these days...also why is the greatest player even in this situation..huh?

Do no harm!!! Bad instruction can ruin even the best! Tiger was just sooo good it took longer to sink in...when you're conflicted with all these different theories of how to... even a Tiger can be brought down!

Anyone who has experienced what Tiger has experienced over the last few years is finished. His nerves are shot to pieces - he's gone man, get over it. Tell CC to find a golfer who isn't damaged beyond repair unless he want to ruin his rep just like SF did.
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

You guys are swimming.

Did you forget the Masters already?
    trashpar and mjh116 like this.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Did TIGER win the Masters? Has he done better since the Masters? We may be swimming but Tiger is drowning!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray J View Post
    Did TIGER win the Masters? Has he done better since the Masters? We may be swimming but Tiger is drowning!
    Rory just shot an 80 a few weeks ago- is he drowning? Is he finished? Tiger finished 17th at the Masters- not bad for someone who has been struggling.
    mjh116 likes this.

You're comparing Rory shooting an 80 to Tiger struggling for how long now...how many Majors has Tiger won in the same time period as Rory , who is #1 in the world and who is# 181 in the world rankings. The sad fact is Tiger has gotten worse and Rory has gotten better. But keep up the excuses it's amusing!

Tiger is going under and Rory is doing laps around him...lol!

Hey "Ray"...listen, bra.....I can tell you this much, everyone's idea of what Chris is teaching Tiger is so far from what is really happening it is comical. Everyone's idea on what is happening in Tiger's head is beyond off.

Sorry, but I can't tell you anything else.

But he was PRACTICING at the Memorial.
    mjh116 likes this.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    Hey "Ray"...listen, bra.....I can tell you this much, everyone's idea of what Chris is teaching Tiger is so far from what is really happening it is comical. Everyone's idea on what is happening in Tiger's head is beyond off.

Sorry, but I can't tell you anything else.

But he was PRACTICING at the Memorial.

Well I did say I wasn't talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. I have no idea what is in Tiger's head or what they are working on , except the facts are the facts as of now Tiger has not improved or shown any thing consistent wise as of yet unless you consider going from #1 to # 181 in the world rankings and not winning a Major in 7 years getting better.. I hope he does return to form but SO FAR NO BUENO!

And you don't have to put my name in quotations it is Ray.
    Last edited by Ray J; 06-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.

ZAP

I don't think any of us can ever truly know what is in another person's head or how much of their personal worth they tie to their ability to play golf.

I am sure people have seen me struggle with my short game a bunch as I have tried to learn to use the bounce and wondered if my confidence is shaken. In all honesty it really isn't and I fully expect the next shot to be good even though I know I am still in a learning process and sometimes the results will not be good.

It is only frustrating for me when I am practicing and I have a bunch of balls at my feet. On the course I understand that lies change and stances are uneven.

If someone with as feeble a mind as mine can figure that out I hope Tiger can have some perspective on what has happened.

Give me two years of a healthy Tiger and I may have a verdict on Como's teaching. Until then all bets are off as far as I am concerned.
    The easiest way to slay a dragon is to run up to it and shove a spear in it's throat.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread Information