Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: TIGER

I foresee wins in his future! Say what you want, he's with the right camp and will get back to his winning ways. Tiger, Feed Your Game and shut the haters up! Can't wait until he does. Go Tiger!
    And the truth shall set you free.... free releasing...wow!

Butch made a swing change when he was a thorobred and he didn't win for over a year.

Tiger has had a teacher his whole life....he is trying to take a lot of stuff out.
    mjh116 likes this.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

So Brian...today Jason Day said in his interview that Tiger was hitting his irons wonderfully but still is having trouble with his driver and even his 3 wood. Any comments on this in so far as what he and Chris have been working on? Always looks to me that when Tiger has an iron in his hand he's less likely to get under plane and therefore less likely to flip at it. With his driver he's all over the "southern side" of the map: under plane pushes followed by under plane hooks. Of course this could be said of many, many good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony D'Antonio View Post
    So Brian...today Jason Day said in his interview that Tiger was hitting his irons wonderfully but still is having trouble with his driver and even his 3 wood. Any comments on this in so far as what he and Chris have been working on? Always looks to me that when Tiger has an iron in his hand he's less likely to get under plane and therefore less likely to flip at it. With his driver he's all over the "southern side" of the map: under plane pushes followed by under plane hooks. Of course this could be said of many, many good players.
    Is Rory not something like 6*R with his driver? Why doesn't he hook the ass off it regularly?

Something you guys are missing - you can't play golf at that level when your mind is messed up. When your confidence goes, everything goes. You guys are talking about a different guy than who Tiger is now. if he had been this messed up from the onset we would never have heard of him. Capish?
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

Everyone is an expert when the ball flies where you are looking.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Looks like Tiger is practicing again today, 4 over after 6. Sorry, couldn't resist. Honestly he'd be scoring better if he was practicing. His swings on the range look a lot better than those on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony D'Antonio View Post
    Looks like Tiger is practicing again today, 4 over after 6. Sorry, couldn't resist. Honestly he'd be scoring better if he was practicing. His swings on the range look a lot better than those on the course.
    Very sad to see. I was super optimistic Chris Como would get him back to playing golf like he did in 2000 but his swing isn't anything like I thought it would be. I thought on the backswing his shaft would track the elbow plane or functional swing plane as Como calls it, similar to what he did in 2000 and what Adam Scott does but he's swinging it straight up the shaft plane. Very difficult not to have a path that's in to out when your arms are that deep going back and shoulders closed at impact.

The first 3 steps in the process to getting his swagger and thus swing back are as follows imo.

1. put the putter that has won majors back into the bag and take the putter that has not out.

2. show up wearing actual golf shoes, with spikes, and leave the loafers at home. (this isn't a member guest, it's the tour)

3. leave the goatee at home, alongside items from #1 and #2
    vjcapron likes this.
    I dream about life, so I'm living the dream.
    As a toddler he taught others to walk.
    He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Oh yeah that will work....not!

Tiger must be just practicing again...maybe he's getting ready for a Major it's just not this one.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast

Thread Information