Page 1 of 37 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: TIGER

Default TIGER

HAS TIGER LOST HIS WAY? HAS TOO MUCH CONFLICTING ADVICE RUINED HIM?

I think we will know a lot more in 2 weeks....this is more or less practice.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Well I hope the real thing is going to show up sooner than later or we might lose Tiger for good. I think somewhere in there Tiger still exists but who knows if he will ever show up in full force again.... It's becoming a sad thing to witness how greatness can be destroyed by those that can't but think they know how!

Tiger was just so good it took a lot longer to coach the greatness out of him. Sometimes if it ain't broke just maybe leave it alone. Gone baby gone. 2000 was a great vintage and would have matured beautifully on it's own! Sad! so Sad!

Tiger comes to someone and they saw him do what he do better than anyone do ....so what do they do .... yes that's right
    they decide to improve him! Of course Tiger has to take some of the responsibility for this debacle but remember the first rule of teaching ...TRY TO DO NO HARM!!!

Rant over.
    Last edited by Ray J; 06-06-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Just to clarify... I'm not talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. Chris is trying to take out the trash so to speak...it's a dirty job and sometimes the dirt just wants to stick around, time will tell if Chris and Tiger can clean it up.

It's a shame the others left such a mess!

I know this is sacrilege around here but I have to agree with Brandel Chamblee. I think, for whatever reasons, it's not working out with Chris Como. He needs to put the Tiger-tail between his legs and call Butch. He's had months to work on this new swing and the ones I've seen him make look awful. I think top flite professional golfers don't need this much time to show improvement if what they are working on fits them. Apparently there is some disconnect between what Chris is teaching and what Tiger is taking from the lessons.
    And I'll save Brian the trouble...I don't know what I'm talking about. It's just my opinion...worth what it costs to read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray J View Post
    Just to clarify... I'm not talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. Chris is trying to take out the trash so to speak...it's a dirty job and sometimes the dirt just wants to stick around, time will tell if Chris and Tiger can clean it up.

It's a shame the others left such a mess!

Why does anyone think that Butch will wave some sort of magic wand and Tiger will return to form?

Now, Chris can get all the blame if everyone likes, but this story has a ways to go, so you might want to not show ALL your cards—so to speak.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

It has nothing to do with instructors. He is a pro that shot 85 on one of his favorite courses. It is a mental issue. What Como is teaching is not causing the problem.
    trashpar likes this.

ZAP

Tiger has not played anything close to a full season since the US Open he won in 2008. I would like to see what happens if he can stay healthy for a stretch.
    Brian Manzella likes this.
    The easiest way to slay a dragon is to run up to it and shove a spear in it's throat.

If anyone thinks that Tiger Woods was trying to shoot a score and shit 85, they are coo-coo for coco puffs.

I hope Tiger isn't using golf tournaments to work on his swing. The guy probably hits 500+ balls a day. He gets plenty of swing practice. He needs scoring practice and you only get that in competitive rounds.
    BTW, I have nothing against Chris Como or think that Harmon has some sort of magic. I just have never seen Tiger swing as well as he did under Harmon. I haven't liked any of the moves Tiger has made under his other instructors. I don't know what he and Como are working on but that squat, flat downswing and wrap around follow through are just god awful compared to the more single plane move he had when he first started. I'll just bet he can't even make that move any more so Butch may even be out of luck.
    It's great theater though. Brian, I'd love to hear you comment more on what is going on (if you are privy to that information) or what you think is going on (if you are not privy to what Como and Tiger are working on).
    As always, your insights are much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Manzella View Post
    If anyone thinks that Tiger Woods was trying to shoot a score and shit 85, they are coo-coo for coco puffs.

Page 1 of 37 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information