Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 789 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Handle dragging "just when I thought I was out they drag me back in"

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    I've seen this graph before. I can't figure it out.
    Green--extension to flexion at shaft parallel in downswing, then gies to extension slowly after that.
    Red--cocked to fully uncocked after impact.
    Blue/violet--pronated on top, becomes even more pronated coming down (transition, layoff), then supinates to square at impact, afterwhich pronates really fast relative to measuring equipment (stays square relative to body).
    Last edited by zachgolf; 07-28-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zachgolf View Post
    Clubhead backs up? What does that mean? Clubhead slows down?
    Yes, slows down.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Can you show me where in those books you saw that the clubhead backs up if the left wrist bends?
    A persistent, logical, knowledge-seeker like yourself should be able to deduce that the club head has to slow because the shaft and left arm are seeking the in-line condition after the left wrist bends, from information in one or more of those texts.

Green--extension to flexion at shaft parallel in downswing, then gies to extension slowly after that.
    Red--cocked to fully uncocked after impact.
    Blue/violet--pronated on top, becomes even more pronated coming down (transition, layoff), then supinates to square at impact, afterwhich pronates really fast relative to measuring equipment (stays square relative to body).
    Question about blue/violet. I thought the wrist would supinate to layoff club than pronate to impact.

Sorry Brian I just had to reply to this!

I just read a post in another forum where someone is still upset about handle dragging and claims that Brian teaches kinetic and the handle dragging is from kinematic data. Maybe Brian can address this, From my point of view what one teaches and uses and how data is gathered can be different.... anyways this is the same person who swore argued that there is no handle dragging , it doesn't exist ,Brian made it up and Brian can't see it. He told me Brian doesn't know what the body does in the swing yet they make fun of Brian for his giving his students " the business".... i had to laugh and I'm still laughing!

What's amusing is this person just admitted that yes there is such a thing as handle dragging... the question that I would pose to this person is if Brian couldn't see it how did he know it existed, which now i believe they can measure it. I mean now I read everywhere that golfers themselves are talking about how they handle drag. Plus I'm thinking Nesbit knows a thing or two.

They all must be imagining it...right Clay!
    Last edited by Ray J; 07-29-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mp29 View Post
    A persistent, logical, knowledge-seeker like yourself should be able to deduce that the club head has to slow because the shaft and left arm are seeking the in-line condition after the left wrist bends, from information in one or more of those texts.
    Numerous times you've risen to full height, puffed your chest, and made a grand sweeping statement. Then I ask you to give me a simple reference and you fold like a cheap pup tent in a tornado.
    Shot Limit and mjh116 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mp29 View Post
    Not true at all mp29. Clubhead goes faster when the left wrist is freely unhinging, BOTH freely ulnar deviating and extending, like an oily hinge. Any hinge needs to be like that.

The only difference between glat, bowed and cupped left wrist is the amount or lack of shaft lean relative to left wrist.

Now the only problem is, it adds to (makes faster) the rate of closure. The solution is to get this down (the ROC) without lessening the power coming from other sources (pivot, uncocking and right arm/hand).

Not true at all mp29. Clubhead goes faster when the left wrist is freely unhinging, BOTH freely ulnar deviating and extending, like an oily hinge. Any hinge needs to be like that.
    Law of the flail - the swingle accelerates til it catches up with the handle at the in-line condition, then when the swingle passes the handle, it backs up as it again seeks the in-line condition. In golf, the left arm is the handle and the shaft is the swingle, and you'd better hustle the butt of the club so the club head gets to the ball before the 1st in-line condition happens.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 789 ... LastLast

Thread Information