Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: aligning tgm with trackman

Default aligning tgm with trackman

I know many think tgm concepts dated and defunct but if you look closely the concepts are remarkably similar

basically the holy grail track man states is the reduction of spin loft to increase compression and ultimately distance

now what tgm was stating in its simplest form was a shallow attack angle via the combination of the shallow in lower body pivot and the flat left wrist concept which shallows the angle of attack thus bringing the two track man vectors closet and correspondingly increasing compression

simply put have we really come that far in 50 years I would argue not and the aim is simply to have the angle of the face at impact (ddynamic loft ) and the angle of attack as close together as possible therefore maximising compression and distance

I'll make this as simple as I can for you. Nowhere in any of those non-sciectifc books does it allude to more compression due to less spin loft. No.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

sorry in referring to non scientific books is it tgm or track man ?

It seems relatively straightforward in both cases and I'm convinced of the similarity of the message

the blow is direct or defective by some degree that's obvious

deflective (sic)

Quote Originally Posted by jdesmach@aol.com View Post
    the blow is direct or deflective by some degree that's obvious
    That's true and probably the reason a certain well known instructor teaches knuckle fades with the driver.

C'mon man....come with the direct reference...
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

these are my genuine personal observations

Even in layman's terms it's obvious that to maximise compression on a ball with an piece of steel angled back the more vertical that piece of steel is the more the ball is compressed

Thus forward shaft lean at a shallow angle is the only way to do it

Track man or TGM the basic principle remains.
    TGM simply teaches the shallowing moves while delofting the club face exactly what track man recommends for maximum compression

Can it really be this simple ?

Ben Doyle really had it sussed

Quote Originally Posted by jdesmach@aol.com View Post
    I know many think tgm concepts dated and defunct but if you look closely the concepts are remarkably similar

basically the holy grail track man states is the reduction of spin loft to increase compression and ultimately distance

now what tgm was stating in its simplest form was a shallow attack angle via the combination of the shallow in lower body pivot and the flat left wrist concept which shallows the angle of attack thus bringing the two track man vectors closet and correspondingly increasing compression

simply put have we really come that far in 50 years I would argue not and the aim is simply to have the angle of the face at impact (ddynamic loft ) and the angle of attack as close together as possible therefore maximising compression and distance

What edition of TGM is that in again? I must have missed it. So you're saying TGM is Trackman just without all the science in it. Or are you saying TGM is Trackman except one is orange and one is yellow? How does one get the swing data out of the TGM Book does it have a camera in the 7th edition?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information