Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Senior tour golf

  1. #1
    Junior Member DerSchnupfTabakHalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    28

    Default Senior tour golf

    I am new to this forum and my strongest sport is soccer but I have become a really keen golfer and as I approach the end of my soccer career I would like to attempt to engage in a career in golf. My handicap is +3 and I have been playing for over 20 years. I am in my late 30's and I realise that it is probably too late to attempt to join the main tours. Is there a tour for over 40's or would I have to be patient and wait for the opportunity to join a seniors tour?

    Any help in this direction would be much appreciated, thank you.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerSchnupfTabakHalter View Post
    I am new to this forum and my strongest sport is soccer but I have become a really keen golfer and as I approach the end of my soccer career I would like to attempt to engage in a career in golf. My handicap is +3 and I have been playing for over 20 years. I am in my late 30's and I realise that it is probably too late to attempt to join the main tours. Is there a tour for over 40's or would I have to be patient and wait for the opportunity to join a seniors tour?

    Any help in this direction would be much appreciated, thank you.

    Since when does a bloke from Manchester call Football ..Soccer?...hmmmm?

  3. #3
    Junior Member DerSchnupfTabakHalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray J View Post
    Since when does a bloke from Manchester call Football ..Soccer?...hmmmm?
    I use this on US forums because I know how my sport is referred to in this land. It's not rocket science.
    The learning process has 4 stages. golfers willing to learn can jump straight to stage 3, Conscious Competence. In this stage we have received reliable swing information which we totally trust and are prepared to practise with unwavering concentration until a skill has been learned sufficiently to be adopted in a subconscious manner, like driving a car or tying shoelaces. The golfer would then find himself playing the game in stage 4, Subconscious Competence

  4. #4
    Junior Member DerSchnupfTabakHalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyOzaki View Post
    I heard volleyball translates well to the golfswing, but I am not sure about football.
    There are many very good golfers in the soccer sector.
    The learning process has 4 stages. golfers willing to learn can jump straight to stage 3, Conscious Competence. In this stage we have received reliable swing information which we totally trust and are prepared to practise with unwavering concentration until a skill has been learned sufficiently to be adopted in a subconscious manner, like driving a car or tying shoelaces. The golfer would then find himself playing the game in stage 4, Subconscious Competence

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerSchnupfTabakHalter View Post
    There are many very good golfers in the soccer sector.
    No offence mate, but that's the reason you should forget about a career in golf! How many good players do you think there are in the GOLF sector!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

    The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    63

    Default

    [QUOTE=DerSchnupfTabakHalter;251132]I use this on US forums because I know how my sport is referred to in this land. It's not rocket science.[/QUOTE

    Since when does a bloke from Manchester give a toss about that? It's Football...not Soccer.. how can you show your face and explain that to your mates/fellow players after that post...lol!

  7. #7
    Junior Member DerSchnupfTabakHalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wulsy View Post
    No offence mate, but that's the reason you should forget about a career in golf! How many good players do you think there are in the GOLF sector!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am slightly offended. Do you know how many great soccer players there are. Taking your advice, I would never have had a career in football So if you don't mind, I'll wait for a more positive suggestion.
    The learning process has 4 stages. golfers willing to learn can jump straight to stage 3, Conscious Competence. In this stage we have received reliable swing information which we totally trust and are prepared to practise with unwavering concentration until a skill has been learned sufficiently to be adopted in a subconscious manner, like driving a car or tying shoelaces. The golfer would then find himself playing the game in stage 4, Subconscious Competence

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerSchnupfTabakHalter View Post
    I am slightly offended. Do you know how many great soccer players there are. Taking your advice, I would never have had a career in football So if you don't mind, I'll wait for a more positive suggestion.
    I was thinking about a career in soccer management. I've been to a few big games, and I watched my son playing for the U12s. I think I know what Louis van Gaal is doing wrong at Man-U. If they would only give me the chance...
    Some say his scrotum emits its own gravity field.

    The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Can you make me one with everything?".

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    No offense to the OP...but you don't know how good the Senior Tour players are. These are guys that has been playing for more than 40 years, and have technically tweaked their swings to utmost efficiency so that lessened strength due to mature age and excessive use would become as inconsequential as possible. Those guys winning on Senior Tour now have unbelievable swing mechanics, not to mention terrific green reading experience and memory as well as proven putting strokes.

  10. #10
    Junior Member DerSchnupfTabakHalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wulsy View Post
    I think I know what Louis van Gaal is doing wrong at Man-U. If they would only give me the chance...
    Dream the dream big man.
    The learning process has 4 stages. golfers willing to learn can jump straight to stage 3, Conscious Competence. In this stage we have received reliable swing information which we totally trust and are prepared to practise with unwavering concentration until a skill has been learned sufficiently to be adopted in a subconscious manner, like driving a car or tying shoelaces. The golfer would then find himself playing the game in stage 4, Subconscious Competence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12