Default Brian just gave me 40 yards easily

I've been hitting my irons really well lately but driver goes nowhere. For instance I hit my 9 iron 145 carry but have been carrying my driver 220. I hit my driver straight but just couldn't get it high enough and ended up buying a 12 deg and adjusting it up to 13.5. I've tried positioning the ball further forward in my stance but it led to accuracy problems, ball flight was better but started missing fairways so that wasn't going to work.
    Went to the range last week like I do all the time and was playing around with some ideas and thought when I get to the top I'm just going to pull with my left shoulder by getting it up and back....first shot was a towering rocket up in the sky like I've never hit before. Shot after shot my drives were high and long...adjusted my driver back to 12 and got a little lower flight and more run out so I took it down to 10.5 and did even better!
    I can't believe this one little swing thought has totally changed my driving. Played a familiar course last night and drove the ball places I've never been. Even hit one 290 down wind and for me this is absolutely huge!
    I think it's a combination of a little more club head speed but probably mostly better impact conditions and less spin. Also hitting the sweet spot now where before I was always hitting on the toe. I've always pulled with the hands before and now I don't think about them at all. So anyway thanks Brian for the Sergio article and all you do for us golfers trying to learn!!

ZAP

Nice.. I think it's time to unleash Pattern 13
    The easiest way to slay a dragon is to run up to it and shove a spear in it's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAP View Post
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Shortgamer143 View Post
    Went to the range last week like I do all the time and was playing around with some ideas and thought when I get to the top I'm just going to pull with my left shoulder by getting it up and back....first shot was a towering rocket up in the sky like I've never hit before.
    Nice.

Whilst you are changing what your left shoulder doing...maybe you are also changing what your right shoulder is doing.

I struggle with getting my right shoulder to go down...maybe its time I tried focussing on the left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAP View Post
    I did a search and last info on that was 2009. I was previously here from o4ish to 08. Took a few lessons from Brian in Louisville but don't remember pattern 13??? Btw what happened to this forum? It used to be so busy with Brian arguing with everyone and having fun. Seems uptight now((( I miss those forum days. Lol

Not sure but it's still working and that's rare for me making a change. I usually revert back but it's sticking! Tried it with my irons but I miss them a tad thin so just using it with the driver. Maybe with irons I need to squat a bit and then jump but irons are good so trying not to try a new pattern.

I did a search and last info on that was 2009. I was previously here from o4ish to 08. Took a few lessons from Brian in Louisville but don't remember pattern 13??? Btw what happened to this forum? It used to be so busy with Brian arguing with everyone and having fun. Seems uptight now((( I miss those forum days. Lol

I think most teacher have gone the way of videos.

I've been hitting my irons really well lately but driver goes nowhere. For instance I hit my 9 iron 145 carry but have been carrying my driver 220. I hit my driver straight but just couldn't get it high enough and ended up buying a 12 deg and adjusting it up to 13.5. I've tried positioning the ball further forward in my stance but it led to accuracy problems, ball flight was better but started missing fairways so that wasn't going to work.
    Went to the range last week like I do all the time and was playing around with some ideas and thought when I get to the top I'm just going to pull with my left shoulder by getting it up and back....first shot was a towering rocket up in the sky like I've never hit before. Shot after shot my drives were high and long...adjusted my driver back to 12 and got a little lower flight and more run out so I took it down to 10.5 and did even better!
    I can't believe this one little swing thought has totally changed my driving. Played a familiar course last night and drove the ball places I've never been. Even hit one 290 down wind and for me this is absolutely huge!
    I think it's a combination of a little more club head speed but probably mostly better impact conditions and less spin. Also hitting the sweet spot now where before I was always hitting on the toe. I've always pulled with the hands before and now I don't think about them at all. So anyway thanks Brian for the Sergio article and all you do for us golfers trying to learn!!
    So in launch monitor lingo, what changed by doing that? Angle of Attack, Launch Angle, Clubhead Speed, Smash Factor etc.....??

Thread Information