Default Vertical Swing Plane

Hey, B. Manz!

My memory is foggy on this, but I remember a few years back, a rep from TrackMan talking about a scenario where the radar could report the club delivery, I believe it was the VSP, inaccurately, if the clubhead plane approaching impact was well rightward or leftward, horizontally, of the established target line. Can you shed any light on this?
    Swing the clubhead in a circular arc, in-plane, striking the ball with the center of the clubface, with the clubhead traveling in the direction required, with the clubface pointing in the direction required, at the velocity required, for the desired ball flight.

Never heard of it and that is definitely NOT the case now for sure.
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

OK, Thanks, B. I had a demo from the local TrackMan rep in early 2012 in Scottsdale . That was my recollection. Just wondering.
    Swing the clubhead in a circular arc, in-plane, striking the ball with the center of the clubface, with the clubhead traveling in the direction required, with the clubface pointing in the direction required, at the velocity required, for the desired ball flight.

Thread Information