Default Ball to the left when below the feet

Hi! I found you Brian on Youtube when researching about the D-plane. D-plane theory has helped me a lot with understanding ball flight and how spin axis affects the curve of trajectory. I have found a solution on some of my problems by applying the D plane theory.

But I have not figured out D-plane applies on a ball lie below my feet? I keep hitting hybrids and fairway woods left of the target.
    When the ball is above my feet I just grip down on my club ie shorten the shaft and that way I can maintain the same swing arc angle.
    But when the ball is below my feet I will need a longer shaft to maintain the same swing arc. I suppose I can bend my knees more to lower my body to get "closer" to the ball.
    I realize it is a pretty complex case.
    Since I vertically have to take a stance closer to the ball, my club lie changes and there will be a "steeper" swing arc
    Am I overcompensating (mentally)?

How do I get my "below the feet" ball lie issue explained with the D-plane theory?

Are you talking a SIDEHILL lie?
    "All you have is the HUB PATH and the force and torque you apply to the club—that's the whole swing."

Brian Manzella is Golf Digest's 37th ranked teacher in the USA and is a three time Golf Magazine Top 100 Instructor.

Thread Information