Not open for further replies.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
What would you do after you shoot 55?

"If you are Rhein Gibson, you go home and mow the lawn."

Lowest 18-hole round in golf history?

Link: Golf Pigeon

Last edited:
Actually this was the 2nd Best Round of all time.

Kim Jong-Il -- North Korea dictator left behind laughable golf legacy - Page 2 - ESPN

Kim shot 38 under, including 11 holes-in-one, at the 7,700-yard championship course at Pyongyang in the VERY FIRST golf round of his life, according to North Korean state media. This was in 1994, when Kim was 52 years old. Even more impressive, Kim stood just 5-foot-3, yet he was able to overpower a course as long as any ever played in major championship history. Who knows how good Kim could have been if he had taken up the sport earlier? Who knows how many times he bested 38 under in the 17 years since his first round?

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
Actually this was the 2nd Best Round of all time.

Kim Jong-Il -- North Korea dictator left behind laughable golf legacy - Page 2 - ESPN

Kim shot 38 under, including 11 holes-in-one, at the 7,700-yard championship course at Pyongyang in the VERY FIRST golf round of his life, according to North Korean state media. This was in 1994, when Kim was 52 years old. Even more impressive, Kim stood just 5-foot-3, yet he was able to overpower a course as long as any ever played in major championship history. Who knows how good Kim could have been if he had taken up the sport earlier? Who knows how many times he bested 38 under in the 17 years since his first round?

Awesome ... If I was Mark Steinberg, I'd roll out the "Tiger Woods Shoots 49 at Isleworth" story in the next few days. Secure the course. No witnesses. Just Mark and Tiger, out for an afternoon stroll.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Homero shot 55 on a par 70, while playing with Roy Pace, one of Mark Sheftic's biggest mentors. This Australian kid's round was on a par 71, and included 14 birds and an eagle.

That's bananas. Just goes to show how hard it is to get on tour, and how good those guys really are, when guys who have numbers like these in their bags are toiling out on the mini-tours. It ain't just about hitting good shots.

That said, that's an unbelievable round, especially considering he parred one of the par 5's. I might walk around with that card taped to my forehead for a while.

"Will, what's that on your head?"

"Funny you should ask..."

Status
Not open for further replies.