Arms out racing the body vs body out racing the arms during the backswing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if you like to play from the right or the left side of the course.

This is how I feel. If my arms are outracing me in the backswing, my hands and arm gets really really behind me, and I'm having a tough time hitting the ball, mostly fades or slice sometimes. Maybe it's just how i feel.

Jwat

New
This is how I feel. If my arms are outracing me in the backswing, my hands and arm gets really really behind me, and I'm having a tough time hitting the ball, mostly fades or slice sometimes. Maybe it's just how i feel.

I have the exact same problem, although both of us suffer from underplane issues anyways.

I think now that we should be focusing on the CP and flick release, allowing the arms to out race the body is probably not the ideal way to start the swing. Personally I have a hard time moving my hands away from the target on the DS when I don't get a full turn in the backswing. And the only way for me to get a full turn is if my arms don't out race the body.

I have the exact same problem, although both of us suffer from underplane issues anyways.

I think now that we should be focusing on the CP and flick release, allowing the arms to out race the body is probably not the ideal way to start the swing. Personally I have a hard time moving my hands away from the target on the DS when I don't get a full turn in the backswing. And the only way for me to get a full turn is if my arms don't out race the body.

you aced it.

The most foolproof method is to use the displacement of your body weight to give momentum to the power package. You must, however, resist any movement of the first or second lever with relation to it's higher part until the momentum gains and overcomes it.

footwedge

The most foolproof method is to use the displacement of your body weight to give momentum to the power package. You must, however, resist any movement of the first or second lever with relation to it's higher part until the momentum gains and overcomes it.

Nicely described.

The arms can always catch up; when the arms race ahead of the body, it's pretty much game over.

For example... I can leave the clubhead at address and begin the rotation of the body... the arms will get thrown into position. Just think of the arms as ropes... that's what it'd be like. They wouldn't move until the body had accomplished some rotation.

In fact, to have folks stop flipping their hands at the very beginning of the swing, lifting the club and left arm off plane, it's a good drill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.