Orange Whip???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys tried this:

Golf Swing Trainer, The Orange Whip Golf Trainer

I don't get to play much any more and this thing keeps me pretty flexible and ready to go to the tee. It's very flexible and counter weighted. It is WAY better than a weighted club as it promotes lag.

I don't have a horse in the game on this, just passing along something that seems to help.

Cheers and Happy Turkey Day.

Martin

anybody here use the whippy tempomaster? always thought those look really cool since you can actually hit balls with them. . .of course, they also look very difficult

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Anything with the sweetspot inline with the shaft is no good.

Totally agree. The somewhat famous drill by Fred Shoemaker in "Extraordinary Golf" tries to accomplish the same thing by throwing clubs. To get the player to feel lag, and "swing", and sequence,etc. While not totally useless, the pictures show that every one of them (at least ten) while doing the drill came in with the face wide open.

I'm intrigued by this Orange whip but I believe it would train alot of people to lag the hosel.

Lagging the hosel

Totally agree. The somewhat famous drill by Fred Shoemaker in "Extraordinary Golf" tries to accomplish the same thing by throwing clubs. To get the player to feel lag, and "swing", and sequence,etc. While not totally useless, the pictures show that every one of them (at least ten) while doing the drill came in with the face wide open.

I'm intrigued by this Orange whip but I believe it would train alot of people to lag the hosel.

Kevin,

I've seen Fred's drill and seen him coach in person. I agree that all these folks in the pictures have open faces.

I'm sure they are flippers when a ball is in place to adjust for the face.

However, what if you simply changed the orientation of the club so the face wasn't open when they were doing this drill? Isn't that the adjustment necessary anyway?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Kevin,

I've seen Fred's drill and seen him coach in person. I agree that all these folks in the pictures have open faces.

I'm sure they are flippers when a ball is in place to adjust for the face.

However, what if you simply changed the orientation of the club so the face wasn't open when they were doing this drill? Isn't that the adjustment necessary anyway?

Totally agree. But what if they dont have an instructor to help them with the change? Thats why i would use the Orange Whip in a lesson but would be hesitant to recommend it for "unsupervised use". Same as the Shoemaker drill.

Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.