Missing putts to the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I miss my putts to the right, does that mean I am not releasing the putter through the ball? Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks,
p

When I miss my putts to the right, does that mean I am not releasing the putter through the ball? Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks,
p

maybe. or it could be that you are aimed too far right. or it could be that you are misreading the putt.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
maybe. or it could be that you are aimed too far right. or it could be that you are misreading the putt.

He could be aimed left as well!

Really it could be a number of things, but the bottom line is that the clubface is open for the intended and/or selected speed and line.

So the cure is to find out with a couple of tests...

1. How consistent is your delivery speed at the hole?
2. Can you roll the ball where the ball is aimed? Hint: Put a line around the ball and try to putt the ball without it wobbling,
3. Have someone check the aim of your putterface, and if necessary your shoulders and eyeline,
4. Check back in ...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Technique.

Thanks,
p

The most common mistake I see in putting, is golfer taking the putter back "on plane" and then making the putter "go to the hole" which "walks" the putter off plane.

The second most common is not controlling the butt of the club "point" during the stroke.

In my opinion, the butt should point relatively in the same place during the stroke.

In my opinion, the butt should point relatively in the same place during the stroke.

I use a conventional putter, but constantly think belly putter during my stroke.

Is this kind of what your talking about Brian?

also, when I use this thinking, my stroke is much better than when I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.