Square to Square Golf Swing Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else read this book?

I am considering working on this pattern, (one reason is because my usual fault is fanning the clubhead and pulling the clubhead too far behind my hands in the takeaway, then attacking way too much from the inside on the downswing resulting in pushes, blocks, and hooks) and could use some advice on it.

Seems like it goes along a lot with what Brian teaches. Flat left wrist, neutral grip, etc.

Opinions?

Been trying it a bit, and so far seeing some very easy ball striking. :D

Lol. Yeah. I got tired of that last year. Hitting big draws into everything. Eventually became blocks and hooks.

Getting back to hitting semi-straight would be awesome.

Hey Brian, any opinions on the Square to Square?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
No matter how square you try and keep the clubface it opens and closes. If you are someone who over-rotates his left arm in the backswing and lays it off, you are plenty of company out there and Brian and staff has fixed a bunch of them. It has really become an epidemic because the fad on tour is to be "flatter" and "rounder" for really no good reason other than it kinda looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Find a good instructor that will cure your root problem of over rotating your left arm and then it will be much easier to fix your downswing and you will be fine.

Don't fall into the trap that you have to go from method to method; find a good teacher that can identify your issue and just fix it without methodizing you

Status
Not open for further replies.