Best alternative to impact tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any homemade alternatives to impact tape?? I've heard of covering the face with an office highlighter pen, but never tried it...don't know if that would even work.........

I'm specifically speaking of driver, but any club i suppose.

EDIT: I think I meant a dry-erase-marker, not a highlighter.

Last edited:
my fried used to draw a wid circle on all his practice balls, and position the ball so the circle would be hit by the clubface. dont lose any feel, or loss of velocity or spin like using tape would do.

using a sharpie left a nice blue mark on the face where he'd just hit it

For putting, Ben Crenshaw sprinkles baby powder on the back of the ball. I'm not sure if this would work for full shots or not.

Lipstick. It shows where on the face you hit the ball and where on the ball you hit the face. I use it on my putter all the time. Makes the putter look better too.

Ed G

New
I've used plumber's tape. Actually it's teflon tape. Comes in a roll like adhesive tape, but you buy it at Lowe's or your local hardware. Just pull off a strip and place it on the club face. It will take several strips as it is only about 1/2 inch wide. It will stick for awhile and then comes off easily. I leaves a great ball mark where it contact the ball. I've used on my putter and my driver. Cheap and easy. Just be careful to keep it straight and not let it curl when you apply.

Lipstick. It shows where on the face you hit the ball and where on the ball you hit the face. I use it on my putter all the time. Makes the putter look better too.

Thats funny. Hadn't thought about the putter much, but I bet that works well. Also, someone mentioned baby powder on the balls (that sounds funny too).....but actually I remember trying that on full shots many years ago and it was a mess that didn't really work re: impact...

If it's hot enough that your skin is even a little bit shiny, run your fingers across your forehead or nose then rub that on the face. Ball mark shows up plain as day, and you don't have to explain to your buddies why you have a tube of lipstick in your pocket.

i use making tape. it works great. just apply it to the club face lightly (dont press down too tight, just flush - no bubbles)

Status
Not open for further replies.