Casio EX-FH100 - Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased the Casio EX-FH100 camer and was wondering if there are any special settings that might help me take better videos of my golf swing. Positive responses appreciated.

I just purchased the Casio EX-FH100 camer and was wondering if there are any special settings that might help me take better videos of my golf swing. Positive responses appreciated.

I've never used that camera, but I used to be a photographer. Making sure you have a sturdy tripod, and plenty of light are the most important I think. If you're using sunlight try to position the camera so the sun is more behind, or to the side of the camera. That's all real basic stuff though. I'd imagine you want as high of a frame rate as possible for the amount of light available. The only downside I've read about with the slow mo, is that the slower you go, the more the video quality decreases to compensate for the data transfer rate. You'll probably just have to mess around with it to figure out which is more important for your application. I'd imagine the slower the better for videoing the golf swing though. I think most of these types of high end point and shoot cameras these days are pretty user friendly. Let us know how it works out, I'd like to invest in something similar myself.

Brian, and others have posted their settings. Do a google search "site:BrianManzella.com Casio settings" or "camera settings".
Could be tedious to find the exact thread.

It looks like Casio has discontinued all high speed cameras except the EX-ZR100 and the EX-ZR10:(

I can't find the FH-25 anywhere. One new FH-20 on ebay for $764...ha. Decent amount of FH-100s though.

It looks like Casio has discontinued all high speed cameras except the EX-ZR100 and the EX-ZR10:(

I can't find the FH-25 anywhere. One new FH-20 on ebay for $764...ha. Decent amount of FH-100s though.

wow, that would be really bad for us golfers.

dbl

New
I need to keep on top of this model situation, and get an FH100 soon. As I recall, the new models are missing a good mode (maybe that 120fps) and also saved the video in some format I didn't like, whereas I preferred the .avi format.

ZAP

New
If it ever gets above 30 degrees here I want to take my FH25 outside and mess around with it.

damn i was just going to get a fh 25 this wk, i have checked everywhere aswell, there was one on amazon but they were looking for 930 uk pound. is there any good alternatives to the fh 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.