Right shoulder coupling shrugging and the left arm swinging across the chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with curing the left arm swinging across the chest on the BS?

I get halfway back on the BS and my right shoulder coupling begins to shrug instead of turn around. This causes my left arm to move across my chest and makes me raise up and not complete my turn. Then I start down on the DS with too much axis tilt.

Anyways does anyone have some suggestions on how to either not swing the left arm across the chest or stop my right shoulder coupling from shrugging? Thank u in advance for any comments.

Find Brian's old article on the perfect pivot. Practice his suggestions until you can remember how they feel. Repeat the feel on an actual swing. That should get the right shoulder turned properly. I focus hard on making sure my spine does not move while my body is turning around it, as it is suggested in the article.

Does anyone know whether there a video with the "crossing guard" drill illustrated?

Last edited:
Find Brian's old article on the perfect pivot. Practice his suggestions until you can remember how they feel. Repeat the feel on an actual swing. That should get the right shoulder turned properly. I focus hard on making sure my spine does not move while my body is turning around it, as it is suggested in the article.

Does anyone know whether there a video with the "crossing guard" drill illustrated?

NSA 2.0

Jwat

New

Yea I've worked on the crossing guard drill for 3yrs. I've had several lessons w/ Brian when he showed it to me. Also read and seen perfect pivot stuff. But I have overactive arms and hands so doing drills is one thing but I need to make some changes to fix this. What are u specifically suggesting from that information? What changes should I make?

I have worked on NSA over the years. But now I am a reforming hooker and don't need any twisting about the shaft or club face or it will take me back to snap hook city.

Jwat

New
Oh, okay sorry about that. Doing the twistaway does keep my right shoulder down. I would love to be able to swing that way again but I already have a closed clubface as it is.

During lessons, Brian would always put his hand on my back and do the drill where I turn away from his hand. Works fine for a session, but then a I reroute back to my old tendancies.

scorekeeper

FEMORAL HEAD.....TOWARDS THE TARGET ON BACKSWING.......NO MOVING THIGH TO THE RIGHT...OR PELVIS WILL FOLLOW...ANd THAT WE DON'T WANT

Jwat

New
Wow, great advice. Was doing some dry swings making sure that my femoral head was moving slightly towards the target. Definitley created some width between my upper and lower body.

Don't know if you are still in this thread jwat but I have the same exact issue. Can't believe your swing is so close to my own. Ever come up with a solution. It's an obsession for me to figure out

Status
Not open for further replies.