GC2 Launch Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used the GC2 Launch Monitor? (Introducting the GC2 Smart Camera System - launch monitor, golf simulator, training tool in one. ) Is their ball data as accurate as they say it is? Is it comparable to Trackman?

Any comments much appreciated.

Here is a response I received today from SESGolf..
GC2:<o:p></o:p>
As a launch monitor, the ultra-portable GC2 easily travels to the range or course and delivers unmatched, real-time ball flight analysis on its large, outdoor-readable LCD screen. Combined with our analysis software and a capable PC, the unequaled instructional power of the GC2 gets even better. With the GC2, you can build the performance-focused golf simulator you want. The GC2 uses a stereoscopic camera system that precisely captures and analyzes ball characteristics at the most critical point of measurement – club impact – to deliver the most accurate values of ball performance available today.
We have packages that include the GC2, analysis software, and courseware starting at $8490 for a basic starter kit, ranging to $24,000 for an all inclusive set-up for your indoor/outdoor golf experience.
Delivery time for the GC2 is currently about 6 weeks, depending on the package you desire.
<o:p> </o:p>
The main difference between Trackman and the GC2 is the sensor technology. Trackman uses radar, while GC2 uses Stereoscopic Cameras. These two have been measured against each other frequently, and the accuracy difference is negligible (within 1-2% of each other). They both offer the same feedback, with the exception of angle of attack. GC2 does not provide the angle of attack data. Depending on your use, this may or may not be a factor that you are interested in .

I believe ALL CLUB DATA is missing from the monitor. AoA, face angle, club path, VSP, HSP, etc. The ball numbers are close, but are typically (and consistently) a bit different than 3D Doppler. It's not a bad little monitor, but it's primarily a fitting tool and not an instruction tool. Under the right application, it does a good job. I don't have any experience with the new simulation addition.

I believe ALL CLUB DATA is missing from the monitor. AoA, face angle, club path, VSP, HSP, etc. The ball numbers are close, but are typically (and consistently) a bit different than 3D Doppler. It's not a bad little monitor, but it's primarily a fitting tool and not an instruction tool. Under the right application, it does a good job. I don't have any experience with the new simulation addition.

Just received from the manufacturer..
We are launching our "HMT" (Head Measurement Technology) in January @ the PGA Show. It will measure all the angles of the club head at impact (loft/lie/face angle/attack angle/location on face/, etc). It will attach to the GC2!<o:p></o:p>

AOA is missing, that is the main thing you really need. So i'd pass.

I'm surprised that a machine without this would still command those kinds of dollars.

If AoA is missing, then either (or all of) the Horizontal Path, Horizontal Plane or Vertical Plane numbers would also be missing, since the 4 are mathmatically linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.