left shoulder coming out of shot....left arm not rotating after impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my primary fault. Here is my way of working on it:

1. Set up on the range with a club about 6 inches (distance may vary) from your toes running parallel to your target line.

2. Take some swings where, at the top of your backswing, you feel your shoulder pointing at the club, and as you transition into the downswing, you feel your left shoulder moving down and along the shaft, instead of pulling away from it.

I hope that makes sense.

This is my primary fault. Here is my way of working on it:

1. Set up on the range with a club about 6 inches (distance may vary) from your toes running parallel to your target line.

2. Take some swings where, at the top of your backswing, you feel your shoulder pointing at the club, and as you transition into the downswing, you feel your left shoulder moving down and along the shaft, instead of pulling away from it.

I hope that makes sense.

thank you I will try that. I like the movement of alone the shaft line

You HAVE TO keep that left shoulder down from the top. Leave that right hip back.
Probably the most important out of all the taken for granted advise by teachers. Don't know about others but me I don't hear this at all. In transition you can turn your hips if you want to, slide your hips, buckle your knees to the left, step on your left foot, push off the right foot, twist the right foot CW, however or whatever you initiate with lower body; but if you don't actively keep that left shoulder still down in transition, I think you'll never save enough shoulder turn for later, so you end up very armsy to impact or you don't maximize power/speed. Ensures I get into the slot down and inside enough too

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The left shoulder OUGHT TO move away from from ITS LOWEST POINT on the downswing.

The key is doing it LATE.

In 0.25 seconds.....lean INTO IT (the it being your left side), then extend OUT OF IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.