Practice swing vs. real swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding the open clubface business, tell ben hogan that...

some footage of the late ben hogan making practice swings with clubface way more open than actual swing...because he likes to, and can, square the clubface during release when he wants to...

so the point I'm trying to make is, why can Ben Hogan square the clubface from an open position but most slicers can't? Yes, of course, you can start the clubface off from a relatively closed position so there's less squaring needed. But why don't you just teach them how to square it in the first place...

Sorry, not a very clear post as I need to run...will clarify later if needed.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Like I said in Never Slice Again 2.0...

Leo and others,

Good players can square the club up.

Forget about those guys.

We were taking about regular golfers like Gumper!!

Whew!

Here is a test to see if you don't need Nevr Slice Again-type clubface control AND ROLL:

With a neutarl to slightly stong grip, you can hit 10 consecutive 20 yard+ hooks while making a divot in front of the ball.:cool: :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

NSA 2,0 is....

Leo and others,

Good players can square the club up.

Forget about those guys.

We were taking about regular golfers like Gumper!!

Whew!

Here is a test to see if you don't need Nevr Slice Again-type clubface control AND ROLL:

With a neutarl to slightly stong grip, you can hit 10 consecutive 20 yard+ hooks while making a divot in front of the ball.:cool: :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

for those of you who havent seen it, a superexelent dvd to have in your collection!

I think one of the main issue of a practice swing that hasn't been addressed is........what do you "practice" during your practice swing?

If you are learning to horizontal hinge, for example, your "practice swing" should be focused on that. Then apply that to your real swing.

My feeling is that a practice swing should have a purpose not just blind motion.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
I think one of the main issue of a practice swing that hasn't been addressed is........what do you "practice" during your practice swing?

If you are learning to horizontal hinge, for example, your "practice swing" should be focused on that. Then apply that to your real swing.

My feeling is that a practice swing should have a purpose not just blind motion.

Yes, everything you do in preparation to hit a shot should have a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.