how to stop spinning out

Status
Not open for further replies.
my left leg keeps striaghtening which makes my right hip comes out and my right shoulder to come ott, this means i cant get any lateral slide. any help is appreciated. thanks

you need to make that right shoulder go straight down your shoulder plane while keeping the point between your shoulders steady. ever watched never slice again, Brian explains there why do people come over the top its usually the club face.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Candy Cane.

For those who have seen the graphs taken of the movement of the center of gravity in the swing, it is plainly evident that most good players make nearly, exactly, the same move.

This move looks like a candy cane on the graph.

Anyhoo,

Using a motion similar to the one utilized by Ben Hogan, and accurately depicted in VJ Trllio's book, "The Final Missing Piece," I would like you to make the beginnings of your downswing hip movement, without TURNING—i.e., "holding your hip back."

This can be done while a lot of the shift to the left is being made, and can be done slightly before the downswing motion of the arms.

A good thing to monitor is the right heel.

It should move TOWARD the target first, before spinning up on the toe.

You won't be "spinning out" anymore. ;)

Episode 4...BMan Show

At the top of the Back Swing isn't the right heel is on the ground? How can it move?

Thanks

When you begin your downswing and get into your tilt, the right heel will move toward the target as your tailbone moves toward the taget.

A good way to see if you heel is moving towards the target is to place a tennis ball (or something round and about that size) resting on the inside of the right heel at the start of the swing. If you shift your weight as brian mentioned above and your heel moves forward the ball will rolll toward your front foot. If you just turn, your right foot will spin out and the ball will still be where it started. Hope this helps

Dariusz J.

Using a motion similar to the one utilized by Ben Hogan, and accurately depicted in VJ Trllio's book, "The Final Missing Piece," I would like you to make the beginnings of your downswing hip movement, without TURNING—i.e., "holding your hip back."

This can be done while a lot of the shift to the left is being made, and can be done slightly before the downswing motion of the arms.

A good thing to monitor is the right heel.

It should move TOWARD the target first, before spinning up on the toe.

You won't be "spinning out" anymore. ;)

Very good post ! :)

Wow...this sounds like great info, but I still don't understand how the right heel moves toward the target first. Just as confusing, is how a ball placed on the inside of the right heel will move toward the left foot. Great post...maybe a quick video answer?
Thanks, p

Wow...this sounds like great info, but I still don't understand how the right heel moves toward the target first. Just as confusing, is how a ball placed on the inside of the right heel will move toward the left foot. Great post...maybe a quick video answer?
Thanks, p

watch the video amswer he did on flat right foot.

as the hips go forward and open up, they drag your right heel toward your left

Dariusz J.

Watch Hogan's late swing and pay close attention to his right foot. Especially with a driver. It will tell you everything.

Cheers

tank

New
Try this

should the heel actually slide towards the target?

Medici999,
Stand in your address posture with almost all of your weight on your left foot (this is from a righty's perspective), then bump your hips to the left .

Unless you have kept too much weight on your right side, should begin to get a feel for how the heel should move.

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.