Eye Dominance And The Golf Swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdxjr

New
one eye golfer

hello everyone i am a one eye golfer, led before i lost my right eye i had no problems hitting golf shots after the eye loss i would hit a foot behind the ball then found out if i play the ball like a uphill lie i could make much better contact. now i hope i live long enought to shoot my age.

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

I've really appreciated your work on this since the first time I have read it, but I was hoping for some other thoughts on it as well.

For me, my problems related to being LED are:

1. Aim right of the intended target.
2. Head tilts down and away from the target on the downswing.
3. Head stays down looking where the ball once was almost into finish.

3JACK

Rich, IMO all 3 points you mentioned are very correct. The 1st one is very obvious.
Moreover, there is a suspicion that one can obtain a better visual of the putting line while "stacking both eyes on each other" (tilting the head, not turning) - lead above rear one. I guess the peripheral vision is not very important since we need to see 2-D line from the ball to the cup.
Last two are derivatives of the head motion under a supposed necessity of having the dominant eye behind the ball until impact that is guided very probably by subconscious mind.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

hello everyone i am a one eye golfer, led before i lost my left eye i had no problems hitting golf shots after the eye loss i would hit a foot behind the ball then found out if i play the ball like a uphill lie i could make much better contact. now i hope i live long enought to shoot my are.

Sorry to hear it.
The remaining (healthy) eye becomes the dominant eye almost immediately, but the subconscious mind "resemblances" remain for a bit longer period of time. E.g. my friend (not a golfer) was diagnosed to lose sight in both eyes due to a high blood pressure disease. He was laser operated for both eyes but not in the same time. First, they operated his subdominant eye that became almost immediately his dominant eye, until the second eye operation took place.

Cheers

Jim the book is called "The Pro's Edge, Vision Training for Golf" Dr. Lawrence Lampert. I have it and its really excellent, includes many eye drills. Let me know I''ll get it to you.

Shep

Status
Not open for further replies.