Tiger's Swing Today (at the PGA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol man he's good but he doesn't hit it 360-380 on average.

I think what you say about his turn is true...he has that rotation speed- and good mechanics.

BTW, I was just thinking...it must've been downwind or downhill or something...there's just no way he can carry his 2 iron that close to how far he hits his 3 wood.

jeffy

Banned
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

BTW, I was just thinking...it must've been downwind or downhill or something...there's just no way he can carry his 2 iron that close to how far he hits his 3 wood.

Both 17 and 18 play uphill, 18 more so. Tiger was playing them both downwind on Sunday.

Amazing as Tiger's feats are, don't forget that Nicklaus hit 18 from 237 uphill, INTO the wind in 1967 with a 1-iron and a crappy Tourney ball. For raw power, with accuracy, noone has matched Nicklaus in the 1960's. According to an Ohio State teammate posting on another site, you could feel the ground shake if you stood anywhere near Jack when he was hitting a long club.

On PGATOUR.com, tigers driving distance through first 7 holes is listed as 375yds, where as Davis Love III 273yds through first 3 holes. Love is 3 under par and Tiger is 1 under par as of this moment (1:20 ET). Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.