'Tush Line' and Chair Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had a problem keeping my rear-end on line against 'the wall'. I was experimenting at home doing the chair drill swinging a 'Swingsetter'. It took me a long time to figure out what I needed to feel in my swing to keep my rear-end from coming forward (toward the ball) on the way down.

In the end I found it by just concentrating on feeling that my left shoulder moved up to start the downswing (although the vid clip clearly shows it moving slightly down at start of downswing). In fact all the way through the downswing I thought of nothing else but keeping the left shoulder up and behind me.

Is this valid?

Would someone please have a look at the vid clip linked below and tell me what they think? (Excuse the slippers and PS2 Gametrak gloves! :eek: )

Thanks in anticipation...
Mick

http://putstuff.putfile.com/41775/4291706

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWimOwJ0Gs

Last edited:
Good video

You are on the right track. This will help you get to low point and take some divots! I'll bet your impact was inconsistent (thin and leaky). Keep that right shoulder going toward the ball! Hit the "box" with a vertical shaft. That's tough to do if you are coming off the chair.

I've done this drill with students using shorter irons. I ask them to come off the chair when they rest and watch the shot.

Thanks for your comments CM. Actually I've been hitting the ball what i think is pretty good, but know it could be better.

I tried this on the course today and it was awful. Thin and leaky or fat and left. Really inconsistent. Any clues as to why this might be, or is it just a question of sticking with it and hitting lots of balls on the range?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Well...Well!

As I said in another post just a minute ago, the TUSH LINE has NOTHING TO DO with the hitting a golf ball.

It is a BY PRODUCT. If that.

To me, Mick Stup, you are TOO BENT OVER.

Aaah..

So a little taller, and therefore a little nearer the ball? (Like you advised before, and which I have been trying to do..but I didn't think about standing taller..)

Status
Not open for further replies.