#3 accumulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOS

New
I am having trouble distinguishing accumulator 3 from 2. Accumulator 2 is obviously formed when the left wrist is c*cked. Now is accumulator 3 formed by left wrist arch? 6-B-3-O says accumulator 3 should never be "out-of-line". Would not this eliminate the accumulator?

I'm confused, :(
SOS

Brian Manzella

Administrator
#3 accumulator is formed by the left hand grip angle an the angle this creates and how much you then ROLL this set angle.

The reason it is never EVER out of line is that the left arm flying wedge is the left arm/wrist/clubshaft/and clubface all against the SAME flat surface...which would never EVER bend...hence NEVER OUT OF LINE.

SOS

New
Brian, thanks for the response. One more question if I may.

Is the left hand grip angle measured at a. address, b. impact fix, or c. in the turned position shown in 6-B-3-0 #1? Maybe these are all the same?

Since accumulator 3 appears to be a product of left hand grip angle and roll, would not a cut shot (no Roll) zero accumulator 3? 6-B-3-B describes two methods of reducing the clubshaft angle to zero #3, but nothing about eliminating roll?

Sorry, I guess that's more than one question
SOS

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

#3 accumulator is formed by the left hand grip angle an the angle this creates and how much you then ROLL this set angle.

The reason it is never EVER out of line is that the left arm flying wedge is the left arm/wrist/clubshaft/and clubface all against the SAME flat surface...which would never EVER bend...hence NEVER OUT OF LINE.

Which is why focusing on the left thumb can be a very big shortcut.

Keep your left thumb between the clubshaft and your shirt lable/top of your spine, and in plane with the lower bone of the forearm. Your left thumb is 'under' the shaft at the top and finish and the 'entire' club is swung like a heavy iron rod, supported by the thumb, and PP3, and the pure, fully balanced, 'swinging' force.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Keep your left thumb between the clubshaft and your shirt lable/top of your spine, and in plane with the lower bone of the forearm. Your left thumb is 'under' the shaft at the top and finish and the 'entire' club is swung like a heavy iron rod, supported by the thumb, and PP3, and the pure, fully balanced, 'swinging' force.

?????? Ed, are you saying that if your left thumb is under the shaft at the Top and, also, at Finish, the #3 accumulator roll is automatic and correct? If that's what you're saying, I don't think that is accurate.

Also, let's don't forget that #3 can be used to "super uncock" rather than to roll through impact. And, in hitting procedures, there is single action wrist action, and no wrist turn on the backswing.

matt

New
quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

Also, let's don't forget that #3 can be used to "super uncock" rather than to roll through impact.

If the left wrist is Turned at Fix.

matt

New
If the left wrist is turned at Fix, no separate Roll is required to square the clubface. When the left wrist is vertical at Fix, the standard Roll is needed to align the clubface. But when the left wrist is turned on plane at Fix, the uncocking motion of the left wrist will both 1) throw the clubhead at the ball and 2) square the clubface.

With the recommended 10-2-B strong single action grip, there is uncock and roll. When the 10-2-D strong double action grip variation, there is no need for the "roll." All you need is the uncock.

matt,

I was assuming a neutral grip(10-2-A). I see what you mean as per 10-2-D, where Homer says "Left Wrist is "Turned" to the top of the clubshaft". I was thinking of 4-0, where "Turn" is a hand motion and not a grip condition.

But even in the case of 10-2-D there is a #3 accumulator, even though it is not vertical, and it can be totally or partially intact by impact. If you use 10-2-D, how do you get to impact having uncocked the left wrist only back to #3 totally intact and no further?

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by rwh

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

?????? Ed, are you saying that if your left thumb is under the shaft at the Top and, also, at Finish, the #3 accumulator roll is automatic and correct? If that's what you're saying, I don't think that is accurate.

No, not that the roll would be automatic, but if your lead thumb is under the shaft at the top and finish, and you have maintained the thumb, shaft, and lower forearm bone in the same plane, you have to have rolled (assuming you still have a flat left wrist, at least to both arms straight)

Status
Not open for further replies.