BALLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a swing speed 105-115mph with a driver tried the Callawae Chrome or Chrome+ balls? Are they any good?

On the same subject what balls are a real alternative to the ProVs for good golfers with high swing speeds? And are the ProVs rreally the best ball?

One of my projects this fall is to do a ball matrix for all the major brand balls on the market. 3 classes of swing speed for wedge, 7iron, driver, and on pitch shots to determine how the different balls perform through the bag. Already got the balls and the Chromes will be tested, but as of right now... I got nuttin'. :)

hp12c

New
Hey granato will this testing be robo testing, or humans. like low, mid and high caps and will the greens be fast slow medium speed and will the grass be poa ana, bent or some hybrid? i volunteer for high cap.

Testing has started. No robo testing as Richard Franklin was not available. :) The testing will actually be based on club head speed (don't worry, below tour averages will be used). The greens won't be a factor as the variables involved with what happens after the ball lands are practically too many to count. The data will be based on things like launch angles, spin rates, carry distances, etc based on specific club head speeds. The variables can get out of hand fairly quickly on tests like this so I'm trying to keep them as meat and potatoes as possible... you know, simple tasks for a simple mind. :) The results are interesting.

hp12c

New
Testing has started. No robo testing as Richard Franklin was not available. :) The testing will actually be based on club head speed (don't worry, below tour averages will be used). The greens won't be a factor as the variables involved with what happens after the ball lands are practically too many to count. The data will be based on things like launch angles, spin rates, carry distances, etc based on specific club head speeds. The variables can get out of hand fairly quickly on tests like this so I'm trying to keep them as meat and potatoes as possible... you know, simple tasks for a simple mind. :) The results are interesting.

Variables getting out of hand!!!!! yup. Oh u have some results? ohhh do tell do tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.