bounce on the wedges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just switched sand wedges from a taylor made rac with 12* of bounce to a callaway x forged with 14* of bounce. Didn't think it would make too big of a difference between the two so I went with the better impact feel from the forged callaway and I can definitely feel the bounce A LOT more on everything but full swings... especially in the sand where I'm not just thinking about getting it out but getting it close if not in. Is there a reason that the 56* wedges come with so much more bounce than the other lofts, aside from it being the main loft used from the green side bunkers. Is it because the gap and lob wedges are used for more full swings than the 56? any ideas?

It's more than just bounce. The effective bounce is what counts. The width of the sole and the grind play into the effective bounce. I don't believe that OEMs print the effective bounce on their clubs and I'm not exactly sure how it's measured. But two wedges with the same "bounce" can play different if their sole widths are different (ex. narrow vs. wide).

I believe that most 56* wedges will have the most bounce and that the 60* wedge will not have that much and be utilized for cut/flop shots around the green. Some people have more bounce with their 60* wedge, but it's very, very hard to hit cut/flop shots with a lot of bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.