Broken foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've joined mgranato on the bench :-(

I just had my foot put in a plaster of paris after limping around for a weak. What is your experience when will I be able to hit the links again? I guess my club championship in two weeks is definitely out but i'm signed up for a ProAm on the 1st of August. What do reckon, any chance of making it?

Can you do chipping and putting practise with a cast? I was okay with chipping yesterday evening before I knew my 'bruise' was actually a fracture. I only knew I couldn't do full swings.

Once the cast is off, can you start playing straight away again?

Hate to hear that, Par. The bench is blows.

Seems like your doc should've been able to answer some of those questions. My experience with fractures is that it depends on their severity and your age. Did they put you in a walking cast? We had a bloke at the club who was pitching and putting in his hard cast. The super had him quit because his cast was leaving nasty impressions all over the green... he wasn't a little fella.:rolleyes:

Seems like your doc should've been able to answer some of those questions. My experience with fractures is that it depends on their severity and your age. Did they put you in a walking cast? We had a bloke at the club who was pitching and putting in his hard cast. The super had him quit because his cast was leaving nasty impressions all over the green... he wasn't a little fella.:rolleyes:

Doc? You don't seem to know mutch about the glorious NHS (National Health Service) here in the UK. I hope I get to see one next week when the temporary plaster is replaced with a glass fibre cast.

hp12c

New

Dam it Granato u took the Bunny as ur pic! now I gotta choose another one.

hp12c

New
Hi,

I just had my foot put in a plaster of paris after limping around for a weak. What is your experience when will I be able to hit the links again? I guess my club championship in two weeks is definitely out but i'm signed up for a ProAm on the 1st of August. What do reckon, any chance of making it?

Can you do chipping and putting practise with a cast? I was okay with chipping yesterday evening before I knew my 'bruise' was actually a fracture. I only knew I couldn't do full swings.

That really bites, I sprained my right index finger about 2 months ago and it still tender, I can hit balls but not full power it sucks. On the brighter side since I cant bang down on the ball as usual I have to come in real shallow real shallow so IATR video is helping me. U on thr other hand or should I say foot may be awhile before u can swing with both feet on the ground full waight and all.

ZAP

New
One of the older guys in my regular group had a total ankle replacement done this past winter.
He played today for the first time and actually hit the ball pretty well.
Of course all his lies were up hill since he played in the walking boot from the doctor.

Hi,

Scary stories from 3rd world Britain. You break your foot and don't get to see a doctor or even the x-rays? They don't even tell you how long your rehabilitation is going to last. OMG.

Is it your left or right foot? If its your left you won't be playing "normally" for at least 6 months, I would reckon.

Scary stories from 3rd world Britain. You break your foot and don't get to see a doctor or even the x-rays? They don't even tell you how long your rehabilitation is going to last. OMG.

Is it your left or right foot? If its your left you won't be playing "normally" for at least 6 months, I would reckon.
Britain is a 3rd world country when it comes to the health system, especially when you compare it to Germany where I used to live.
I've got private medical here in the UK but a&e stuff is only handled by the NHS.
When you go into a&e you better take a book with you because you will be there for a while.

I've broken my right foot and judging from when I had the most pain, the problem would be the twisting in the backswing.
I don't think I could stand 6 month without golf.

Britain is a 3rd world country when it comes to the health system, especially when you compare it to Germany where I used to live.
I've got private medical here in the UK but a&e stuff is only handled by the NHS.
When you go into a&e you better take a book with you because you will be there for a while.

I've broken my right foot and judging from when I had the most pain, the problem would be the twisting in the backswing.
I don't think I could stand 6 month without golf.

Ain't that the truth bro. How you folks on that brocken down island of misfortune and hardship stand for it us beyond me. Anywhere else the people would revolt. You crazy dudes react by taking a good book and paying for your
healthcare twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.