Building Blocks 2.0 - New Video by Brian Manzella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading now. Haven't watched one of your new videos in a long time and I'm really looking forward to this one. Very timely release for me. I have a lot of players on the team this year that are very new to golf. I'm looking forward to giving these players a foundation using the new information you have on the swing. Thanks Brian!

The gripping procedure in this video is very interesting. I'm rehabbing some shoulder tendinitis, so I'm working on my grip & the waggle in my basement. Even following the steps prescribed, I still find lots of slant to the last 3 fingers on my left hand. I really have to work on getting the grip into the fingers.

I have a similar problem and I work on it ALL the time.

When I grip it with less slant, I hit it better. And longer.

I started working on this four or five years ago from a Brian comment. Have to continually check this as I tend to get too slanted. Play better when I pay attention to it.

Great video Brian. I have been using this to start the new season along with working on The Pull Back, Run-up and Jump.

Like the style of this forum as well.

John in Nashville

ZAP

New
Now that the snow has finally melted and the course is open I am going to spend some time working with the BB 2.0 stuff. The grip part feels so foreign which I guess is a good thing. Comfortable is not a change after all right?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Now that the snow has finally melted and the course is open I am going to spend some time working with the BB 2.0 stuff. The grip part feels so foreign which I guess is a good thing. Comfortable is not a change after all right?

Well....don't hurt yourself.

I find it MUCH easier to get correct if I START by holding it like a baseball bat.

ZAP

New
Worked on the grip stuff today hitting foam balls in the front yard. Seems much easier for me to get to the Spiderman hand position. Like my wrist feels "unlocked" or something.

Note: No divots in the front yard as I would now probably be dead. LOL

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I only noticed the use of shoulder sockets (standing up of shaft) being new. Good video.

Thanks.

Worked on the grip stuff today hitting foam balls in the front yard. Seems much easier for me to get to the Spiderman hand position. Like my wrist feels "unlocked" or something.

Note: No divots in the front yard as I would now probably be dead. LOL

Great observation! Spiderman left hand won't happen that easy with a putting grip. ;)

spider

New
I haven't taken this to the course yet. The shoulder raising standing up the shaft part that is. I just made a few swings into indoor net I have and that move seems natural and something I may have been trying NOT to do. I have a horribly laid off swing generally. Perhaps this little stand up will help.

I'm not able to play after donating my kidney this year but hopefully soon I'll be able to try this out. I noticed this is a move or perhaps just a feel I use when hitting a shot short of a normal swing. My thought was always to think or mimic Goosen's swing on those type of shots.

Brian

I downloaded this morning. After a few attempts it finally downloaded fully. Thanks for allowing a download with a credit card not attached to Paypal. I don't like Paypal and would have not been able to purchase your video. For reference, I did buy COFF and NSA but never seen Building Blocks.

Feedback on content: I watched it twice before heading out to the range with an 8 iron. I broke my in the bag 8 iron (Ping I3 O size) yesterday and used a previously closeted forged Snake Eyes XC600, so I already had a built in excuse to not hit well. I really only worked on the grip as you laid out in the beginning. I checked the left grip to ensure the fingers were not slanted and just stepped into the shot as I normally do. I only consciously worked on the left hand grip. Subconsciously, I probably was incorporating some of the other concepts that have been popping up in your other videos and magazine articles. One in particular is your thoughts on the left heel. I usually didn't have a problem NOT raising or allowing to be raised left heel on the back swing. But by allowing it, I do get an easier and fuller back swing and then getting back to my left side, my left heel would move away from the target, and toes almost in line with the target. I don't know if this is optimal, but for me, I felt it helped me stay in balance effortlessly. I was no longer worried about "hanging back" or "reverse pivoting" and just let the left foot do its thing.

Its only a single bucket of balls with an 8 iron but I think I hit it as well as I ever have, especially lately, where I have been inconsistent and celebrated good strokes when they did manage to happen.

One more positive for me about your grip. I get sweaty hands, even after my single glove was soaked through with sweat I was able maintain the grip securely throughout the swings. I usually lose the grip slipping into the middle of my left hand just to hold on to the club. And then I feel like I have have to strangle the club which causes tension which leads even some really really bad shots. This is real positive for me.

Count me as a satisfied customer and will recommend your video to good friends. I will follow up later to see if there is long term improvement in consistency.

PChandler

Gripping procedure, easier or harder with oversize grips?

I use a mid-size grip. Brian mentions earlier up in this thread to start like you are holding a baseball bat. An oversized grip is smaller than a baseball bat. I don't know if the grip size makes a difference.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
P,

I got ya about the baseball bat....but for me, it is easier to do with smaller grips. But, someone else might feel the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.