Buzzkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Hard not to like Webb Simpson but what a disappointing finish. Els finishes 6-5-5, Furyk 6-5-5. With the potential for eagles and birdies for drama the finish just laid a huge egg and Olympic produces another plodding, boring champ. Great playing and totally deserves it but it left me flat. And as we know, it's all about my entertainment:)

66er

New
Agreed, harrington brighten it up for me(irish). Although i find it very easy to not like Webb, he's very "deliberate", and comes across as an idiot, probably a nice guy in person just saying.

Furyk choked in 16, 17 and 18. Johnny loves to predict chokes, but he took it easy on Jim, out of respect I guess. If Kevin Na is a slower than Jim I would be shocked.

I wonder how Dariusz feels about Furyks shot on 16?

He should be proud... Furyk hit the same shot Hogan did at Olympic that cost them both the trophy.

images

dbl

New
Johnny said several times JF and DT had little chance because of age. Toward the he said it's so much harder with age, for JF. Yet he also at the end said he was very proud for DT playing well down the stretch. I thought his early comments were buzzkill (though likley correct for the Tiger era...sounded like sour grapes re his career).

To add to tthe buzzkill list, I wished EE could have avoided bad bogey on 8 and 16 and birdied 17.

From a players perspective, what do you guys think about the setup changes from day-to-day? Par 4 longer than a par 5, moving the other par 5 up 100 yards, etc., etc...

From a players perspective, what do you guys think about the setup changes from day-to-day? Par 4 longer than a par 5, moving the other par 5 up 100 yards, etc., etc...

I don't really like it though some variation is ok. I hated the really short par 3 yesterday, no shot because of the hard green/down slope right in front of the pin. I have a REAL problem with the seemingly purposeful green speed change from the first 2 days, they seemed to get a lot slower. Mike Davis mentioned putting water on the greens. And it wasn't just Tiger that was coming up short on the greens, Furyk and others were as well.

Hard not to like Webb Simpson but what a disappointing finish. Els finishes 6-5-5, Furyk 6-5-5. With the potential for eagles and birdies for drama the finish just laid a huge egg and Olympic produces another plodding, boring champ. Great playing and totally deserves it but it left me flat. And as we know, it's all about my entertainment:)

Webb went 68-68 to win. If a certain someone else did that... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.