Camera Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just turned on the Golf Channel's coverage of the HSBC Women's Champions, and am glad to see the "new" camera angle that they're using.

It's an overhead "on-the-swing-plane" perspective, meaning it looks down at an angle that almost replaces the clubhead at the top from where it was at address. Anyways, I'm sure somebody else can describe it better than I.

I just think it's a good perspective, and might actually help the average golfer understand a little more of what goes on than the direct face-on or down-the-line views. Any thoughts?

S

SteveT

Didn't see it, but the question that comes to mind is the overhead camera adjusted to the different golfer heights and different teeing locations within the tee box?

Intuitively, I would think there could be a variance of the swing plane views if the camera is not adjustable vertically and horizontally ... and it may be even more deceiving than keeping the camera level for a face-on view. Haven't done the geometry so I don't know the angular significance.

I suppose they could fix the camera location so that it points to the middle of the tee box and is set at an "average" golfer height.... but still...:confused:

Didn't see it, but the question that comes to mind is the overhead camera adjusted to the different golfer heights and different teeing locations within the tee box?

Intuitively, I would think there could be a variance of the swing plane views if the camera is not adjustable vertically and horizontally ... and it may be even more deceiving than keeping the camera level for a face-on view. Haven't done the geometry so I don't know the angular significance.

I suppose they could fix the camera location so that it points to the middle of the tee box and is set at an "average" golfer height.... but still...:confused:

I doubt there is any conscious attempt by the producer or camera man to line things up perfectly, but rather just show a unique angle. I'm not looking for it to be a precise measurement tool, but hope that the "new" (to most tv viewers) perspective will open a few eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.