Clubface control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I want to learn to control the clubface, but has no clue how to go about it?

So to the guys who can control the clubface...how did you go about it? What drills did you do? How did you start the learning process? What abilities should you possess before you take on this task?

Anything related to this issue is considered very helpful.

Thanks

Great question. I am to the point where I am hitting very solid shots with lag, but I really don't feel like I control the club face. The only thing that helps me is getting proper alignment and aiming my hands in front of the ball. Also, keeping my wrists very loose helps gravity to the work.

According to Ben Doyle the left wrist controls the clubface. There are three basic ways to do this--full roll, medium roll, and no roll.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
You learn how to do chip shots using any club and any hinge until you can do it perfectly on command.

Then learn to do it on pitch shots.

Then learn how to do it on full shots.

1) You need to learn which each is and how to perform them.
2) You need to practice until you can do it whenever.

Thanks...

Probably dumb question...but full role, no role are just different terms for the hinge actions (vertical, horizontal etc), right? Anywhere on this site where these are explained more thorougly...

Status
Not open for further replies.