Clubfitter visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to see a clubfitter within the week for the first time ever...What should I be aware of and what should I take into account?

Not an expert but I'd say....

Take into account your build and what's normal for a guy your size.....

Also take into account the state of your swing......if your swing really needs a lot of work.....do you really want to fit the clubs to THAT swing???....or do you want to get something normal (within a normal range) for someone like yourself.

i.e. say you're a slicer......your clubfitter might tell you he wants to set your irons wayyyy upright (cause according to his fitting you come in steep and the toe digs in otherwise).....

Anyway be careful and ask lots of questions related to this stuff.

If that's off someone straighten me out.

I'm going to see a clubfitter within the week for the first time ever...What should I be aware of and what should I take into account?

That's a good question. The first thing I would look for is a sign that states the clubfitter is a member of the Professional Clubfitter's Society.

It's a little late now but you need to read a little book written by Tom Wishon. It is titled: "Twelve myths that could wreck your golf game".

Go to a big book store or library and look for Tom's book "Search For The Perfect Club". Visit: http://www.wishongolf.com/books/search_club.php

I require that all people who come to me to get fitted for clubs read the 12 myths book first. The fitting will be far more productive.

Make sure they fit to the SWING you WANT to make..... not the BALL FLIGHT they want you to make THAT DAY.

Make sure you walk away knowing what flex you need to feel the clubhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.