D-Plane Outcomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggsjpc

New
I'm predicting in the not so distant future that the D plane will be replaced by a very similar but more inclusive model. I don't think it describes enough outcomes to stand the test of time.

Been away for awhile but I'm curious on your thoughts.

I'm predicting in the not so distant future that the D plane will be replaced by a very similar but more inclusive model. I don't think it describes enough outcomes to stand the test of time.

Been away for awhile but I'm curious on your thoughts.

i'm going to take the other side of this prediction....

the D-plane is more precise than most want in the first place.....to replace it with something more precise would be white noise

are you assuming a model that would account for toe/heel/bottom/top hits....?

i assume tuxen has this data cold, and he could adjust his model to be as precise as john graham's students want...

Brian is the D plane like Lynn Blake is Yoda and james Ridyard is golfswingrebel

ggsjpc

New
are you assuming a model that would account for toe/heel/bottom/top hits....?

i assume tuxen has this data cold, and he could adjust his model to be as precise as john graham's students want...

Brian is the D plane like Lynn Blake is Yoda and james Ridyard is golfswingrebel

Yes on all counts. The lift forces are just wrong. Data is not a model though.

Last edited:

ggsjpc

New
i'm going to take the other side of this prediction....

the D-plane is more precise than most want in the first place.....to replace it with something more precise would be white noise

Any good scientist would want a more accurate model wouldn't they?

ggsjpc

New
data is definitely not a model....but a model could be reverse engineered quite easily

hold on for more discussion about the top vector

I had to restate that to the lift forces are just wrong. Not positive I can back up the whole vector being wrong.

ggsjpc

New
I don't see how the lift forces are contained in the plane for all outcomes or the plane needs to be redefined.

ggsjpc

New
Maybe I should put it another way. If the spin axis HAS to be perpendicular to the the top vector then the whole top vector is wrong. Top vector would then have to be the 3d direction of the spin axis. No?

Rallying the troops? =) This will be fun if nothing else. =)

not rallying.....taking care of a member in the shop.....

the spin axis statement sounds like toast with butter is good and butter on toast is good....

of course the more precise the better, but really - if students were ok with describing ball flight the way it was for the last 50 years, i highly doubt that tuxen or someone else adding to an already obscene algorithm is going to matter....

lift forces being wrong...you're gonna have to be more specific on these before i take the other side of your argument

ggsjpc

New
lift forces being wrong...you're gonna have to be more specific on these before i take the other side of your argument

Just what I was saying with the plane for off center hits. Currently lift forces are on the face of the d plane. For an off center hit, either the plane needs to get redefined or they wouldn't be on face of the plane as it's explained now in Jorgensen's book

ggsjpc

New
Yes, this information is all theory and not necessarily relevant to most people. I just enjoy toying with and expanding on theory.

i wasn't at the trackman user's conference, but one thing that sticks out in my mind that kevin shields (who attended the conference) said about tuxen....

he knows to the dimple, the precise effect that an off center hit has on the ball's initial flight....

initial flight is what's important - as soon as you get into gravity, wind, wobbly golf ball, etc all bets are off...

now the next discussion will be on the word "initial".....

i think tuxen has the ability to upgrade jorgenson's theory - maybe they'll call it the T plane

ggsjpc

New
i would asume both.....

so back to your original statement....the d place will be replaced by a theory that will explain center and off center hits...is that what you're saying?

Yes. For any model to be a model, it has to be viable for all the options. I think it's just a progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.