Driver Off The Toe and Brian's *How To Hit The Driver On The Nose* List From 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
[DRIVER OFF TOE PROBLEM FIXED]

Also, is there anything in Brian's "How To Hit A Driver Right On The Nose List" that needs to be updated? I'd like to give that a try.

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/82860-post15.html

How to hit a Driver Right on the nose!

by Brian Manzella

1. Set-up with the ball off your left heel and the ball off the TOE of the club

2. Set-up with your head behind the ball

3. Set-up with your right foot pulled back slightly from the target line

4. Set-up with your right shoulder AWAY form the ball (without closing your shoulders)

5. Set-up with your belt buckle pointed to the right of the clubhead

6. Swing the club back slight to the inside

7. BURY your right shoulder on the backswing

8. From the top make sure you keep your tailbone ahead of your neckbone

9. Swing "under the stick"

10. Hit PAST your head

11. At impact get your left shoulder and left hip as far away the ball as you can

Last edited:
Number 4 is confusing, at least to me.

"4. Set-up with your right shoulder AWAY form the ball (without closing your shoulders)".

Can't picture how I would do this. If ball is on target line, and shoulder line is parallel to target line, then
how do you move right shoulder away without closing your shoulder line to the target line?

Clarification, anyone?

Number 4 is confusing, at least to me.

"4. Set-up with your right shoulder AWAY form the ball (without closing your shoulders)".

Can't picture how I would do this. If ball is on target line, and shoulder line is parallel to target line, then
how do you move right shoulder away without closing your shoulder line to the target line?

Clarification, anyone?

I thought the same thing Steve. One thing maybe he meant is the feel of pulling back just the right shoulder without moving the left shoulder? Probably not going move much, but like Kevin said, it will keep them from being open. Could be way off though, and probably am! ;)

I thought the same thing Steve. One thing maybe he meant is the feel of pulling back just the right shoulder without moving the left shoulder? Probably not going move much, but like Kevin said, it will keep them from being open. Could be way off though, and probably am! ;)

Brian had me doing this in my lesson. From face on, he took his club and with the grip end, pushed my right shoulder back at address. I think I was setting up too open with the shoulders. I should have asked him what he meant by keep the right shoulder back. Clarification of this point would be nice.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.