dynamic fitting, and a few questions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering doing a dynamic fitting (irons only) and I was just looking for some opinions and suggestions about the following:

How many days should the fitting be stretched across to get reliable results, vs the swing of THAT day results.

Spining the shafts. I know exactly what it means and the concept makes sense to me, I'm just wondering how noticeable the difference is before and after... How much should I expect to pay for this service?

I'm a low single digit handicapper, 28 years old, with no physical limitations on my swing. I am shorter than average, about 5'9" with a lean and slender build, my limbs are not stocky whatsoever, I have vitruvian like proportions... I feel like the clubs may either be shortened or flattened to get the best lie. What are the pro's and con's of those two avenues vs the other one? I have tried choking down but I have always held on to the very end of the grip so it feels very unnatural to me to choke down at all making it tough to interpret any results I get when I do grip down.

I prefer to fade the ball 1 to 5 yards with every club in the bag, but it feels like I have to keep myself from really going after it or I will absolutely flush the most beautiful pull hook you ever saw if I do. Not a good thing when you've set up to fade it...

I want to be able to unleash everything I have and still hit that fade and I feel like there are some minor equipment issues that aren't letting me repeat the action quite as consistent as I should/could be.

Is there any reason that the new release would have me swinging any flatter through impact or does this run against the grain of the 'ideas'? I used to play titleist zm forged that were bent 1 degree flatter, I switched to mizuno mp 57's and they felt flat enough at first but now I'm not so sure. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing when everything in the market keeps getting lighter and more upright and I'm looking to feel flatter and head heavier. Anyone else feel the same way?

I love the "new" release ideas, it feels much better and more consistent but my sense of "feel" tells me I need a slightly flatter lie and more weight near the club head to really make it work for me. If anyone knows a reputable person for the job near sarasota/tampa/clearwater area I would love to be referred, I know my feels may be subjective so I am approaching this with an open mind. Money is a non-issue, reputation is everything. Wish I could visit 'fran' in the UK but I'll settle for the best outfit near me.

Thanks in advance for any shared experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.