favorite ball to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
What golf ball do you prefer to play with? and what are 1 or 2 reasons as to why you like that one, or why you didn't go with another model.

I really liked the nike one platinum but they stopped making those. Also liked the pro-v1 and pro-v1x in the old style, haven't tried the new models in those yet. Got 3 dozen pentas in a buy 2 get 1 free promotion and am still getting the feel of them down.

I don't notice much difference in the flights but they definitely feel very different to me on the green with one platinum feeling the best then old v1, old v1x and then the pentas.

Not a fan of the bridgestones, and the new nike 20xi's are the worst feeling premium ball imo.

Srixon Z Star yellow. Easier to find this time of year. Great distance, plenty of spin. Most durable premium cover. Plus, no one else will hit your ball.

If you like premium golf balls, check out Callaway's new ball in 2012, the Hex Black. I've played 36 holes with a sample; performs like all the other premium balls, and is incredibly durable. I'm impressed with it.

I play the only ball good enough and long enough to be endorsed by the HAMMER...

csball.jpg

POWWWW!

B330rx-s or regular prov1 feel good to me. I just like the soft feel with putting and chipping. A buddy gave me some Penta TPs to try and those are very nice as well. If only I could find a ball that performs like these at half the price. The GamerV2s are good but not great, and I just got a box of e5s to screw around with so we'll see how those go.

Last edited:
B330rx-s or regular prov1 feel good to me. I just like the soft feel with putting and chipping. A buddy gave me some Penta TPs to try and those are very nice as well. If only I could find a ball that performs like these at half the price. The GamerV2s are good but not great, and I just got a box of e5s to screw around with so we'll see how those go.

I'm a Gamer/e5/ProV1 type o' guy myself. Those are the 3 balls I keep in my bag. I'm trying to decide between the e5 and Gamer as my "cheap" ball.

Which one I play depends on how piss-poor I am playing that day. Let's just say I don't lose many ProV's on #18.

If you like premium golf balls, check out Callaway's new ball in 2012, the Hex Black. I've played 36 holes with a sample; performs like all the other premium balls, and is incredibly durable. I'm impressed with it.

Can you talk more about the HB, maybe how it compares with their current balls? Did you use them at Bandon?

Can you talk more about the HB, maybe how it compares with their current balls? Did you use them at Bandon?

No, I played them in a Callaway Staff day a few days after getting back from Bandon. I played the Tour iz (lower spinning version) all year, and found the new Hex Black to be very similar in terms of playability.

I mean, personally, I (+3 hdcp) can't tell much practical difference between the performance of a lot of the premium balls, but the durability of the samples I was given is very impressive. I've played 36 holes with one of them and, apart from a cart path and a tree scrape, the thing looks pristine.

Last edited:
Just as a point of info - "back in the day" (and I am old enough to know) - before "marketing" became "avante garde" - all of the Titleist packaging showed a "Titleist #3" instead of a "Titleist #1". Of course, balls were only $1.10 apiece back then.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.